Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,2,3,4 I love MarineCore
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you that installed the intropy keyless entry kit, where did you end up putting the main control box?
Just fishing for suggestions on where to put this thing, It's big and bulky I wouldn't mind putting it in between the rear seats interior panel cover that holds the speakers, if it will fit there. the trunk is of course a option, but the wires aren't long enough and I would have to extend all of the wires and I'm being lazy...... :p

Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I put mine below the radio in the console. There's a big bundle of wires that goes across there, I pulled it's anchor from the floor and just jammed the box in under them. I have an automatic and the shift cable takes a bit of space in that area, I imagine there's a little more room to work with in a manual

·
Registered
1992 Stealth R/T Turbo
933 Posts
I put mine below the radio in the console. There's a big bundle of wires that goes across there, I pulled it's anchor from the floor and just jammed the box in under them. I have an automatic and the shift cable takes a bit of space in that area, I imagine there's a little more room to work with in a manual View attachment 303656
Good info

Anyone ever try to fit it in a smaller box? I haven't opened mine up yet to see what the board looks like

·
1,2,3,4 I love MarineCore
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info

Anyone ever try to fit it in a smaller box? I haven't opened mine up yet to see what the board looks like
Good idea, I may just end up fabrication a smaller box for it. I barely have any space behind the console area, do to all of the wiring from 7 gauges, the radio and the brain box for my boost controller.

Reactions: luisitol

·
Registered
1992 Stealth R/T Turbo
933 Posts
Good idea, I may just end up fabrication a smaller box for it. I barely have any space behind the console area, do to all of the wiring from 7 gauges, the radio and the brain box for my boost controller.
That's what I'm afraid of. When I get in there I've got to wire this alarm, newer radio, 4 gauges, turbo timer, LBCD and probably a piggyback.

I'd bet smaller relays are available to swap with the ones in there currently. Could save a good amount of space

·
Registered
1992 Stealth R/T Turbo
933 Posts
The contents inside the Intropy kit, the reason for such a large box. Will be cleaning these up for a smaller box, most likely moving relays external as well to remove some heat, size & add better diagnostic ability

1 - 8 of 8 Posts