Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and the 3000GT or Dodge Stealth R/T as we own. A long story short is my daughter was looking for her first car and having gown up with a gear head father likes older cars. We came across this Stealth R/T by happenstance and it was one of those unicorn cars you can't turn down. One owner car that spent the majority of it's life in California and Nevada, zero rust, 180,000 original Km (73,000 miles). The original owner had knee surgery and she couldn't drive it anymore. She figured the clutch was seized which turned out to be both the master and the slave cylinder which I'm struggling with. Man that line nut on top of the master is a nightmare to get back on even with the crows foot line wrench. Other than the current gong show the car is mint! It's not a turbo car but I still worry it's too much for a 17 year old girl. For $3500 Canadian I wasn't walking away as it looks two years old. Anyway that's the introduction and any opinions on the suitability of the car for her are welcome.

Dave and Braith

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,192 Posts
Unbolt the clutch master cylinder from firewall or crack it loose then start the flare nut into master cylinder makes it a bit easier even with brake master cylinder cause sometimes the hard lines get tweaked a bit with removal and installation

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,436 Posts
Welcome and nice story + find!

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All, Got it together. I had to put three spot welds on the top of the crows foot wrench so I could put dome downward pressure and turn at the same time. Rand great before but now I have an anti lock light and it won't allow me too turn it over? Just searching the forum now to figure out if something got knocked loose or unplugged.

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,192 Posts
Did you happen to move the brake master cylinder?...
The float is probably stuck down for level sensor in brake fluid level
Try bumping the top of the cap so float will come up ...
That or 1 of the 2 plugs aren't plugged in all the way in that corner (clutch master cylinder)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you happen to move the brake master cylinder?...
The float is probably stuck down for level sensor in brake fluid level
Try bumping the top of the cap so float will come up ...
That or 1 of the 2 plugs aren't plugged in all the way in that corner (clutch master cylinder)
Whatever it was it fixed itself which always scares me. The battery is old and weak so that may have been the issue. Took it for a quick rip. These are a fun little car to drive! I'm going to tackle the timing belt next as it may be the original one and 30 years old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts