Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Oh no, not again.
341 Posts
All you have to do is install the springs and get the car aligned. Some people go ahead and do more while all the wheels are off.

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
Madrox said:
I did search actually. A bunch of crap that was no help at all came up.

really there have 3 threads of the same topic in like the past week.

matt

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Another thing to consider would be getting new shocks/struts if you haven't. Even if you get the shocks and struts down the road a bit, you'll still have to have the car aligned again, so you may as well do it all in one shot.

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
Yeah but in all honesty, why spend the extra $200 or so now for struts just to save the $40 for another alignment?

If they need them both then do them both. If not, just lower the car.

And a quick one for ppl with Intrax: Do you get the negative camber nightmares I have heard from lowering your car?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'VE GOT THE INTRAX SPRINGS ON MY OLD 92 STEALTH AND THEY'RE GREAT! I WAS SUPRISED THAT THEY WERE NOT AS BUMPY/BOUNCY AS I WAS TOLD. INSTALLED THEM BY MYSELF IN ABOUT THREE TO FOUR HOURS USING AIR TOOLS AND A FLOOR JACK. BUT IT WAS NOT A FUN JOB. I'LL PAY SOMEONE TO DO THE JOB ON THE VR-4. I DID GO THE NEXT DAY FOR AN ALLIGNMENT. PLANING ON GOING WITH GROUND CONTROL ON THE VR-4 THOUGH, BECAUSE I WANT TO GO LOWER.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
TroopsStealthTT said:
I just installed the Intrax on my car tonight. It looks 10X better. If you have never lowered a car before I would suggest getting someone that has done it bofore to help!!

:dodge:Troop
are they broken in already? i thought they take a couple of weeks -month to break in? post pics! i wanna see how good they look!:D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
puffe516 said:

are they broken in already? i thought they take a couple of weeks -month to break in? post pics! i wanna see how good they look!:D
my car lowered about 1 inch immediately after i took it off the jackstands, and then dropped another 1/2-3/4" in about 3 weeks. I had the car aligned immediately after, and after the springs had settled (free lifetime alignments from sears...and the sears auto by me actually has some competent employees). I didn't have any alignment issues...they were able to pull it right into factory specs.

~matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts