Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my car really bad. It looks like a 4x4. I want to go with intrax because it will lower it more. What I need to know is how difficult is it to do myself? I heard I need to get an alignment after I put them on. the local race shop said they would install it for over $300.00 plus the cost of the springs. I know some of you guys have done the work yourselves and was wondering how difficult it was. Any comments would be appreciated. thanks a lot

kyo

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!

$300 is toooo much man, I would recommend looking at a few more places if you cant do it yourself. Around here it is about $125 to $150. Or maybe you can meet with a fellow 3SI member and that has installed it before and have him install it for you. ;) But no matter what man $300 is way toooo much.;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what I thought too! There is no way I would do it for $300.00. Its more than the springs. I would like to do it myself. I have decent auto experience. I have brothers that really know their stuff too. I want to know if I did it myself I would have to get an alignment done also. anybody know?

kyo

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well you could always get it done at your house and get it aligned at the shop. HEHE;)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Once you put in lowering springs you will have to align it (doesn't have anything to do with who puts the springs in). Unless you don't mind wearing out expensive tires.

If you have the tools, time and knowledge you can do it yourself (I'm presuming the Intrax would be roughly the same as Eibach's).

Once you have the springs in take it and get it aligned. Go to some place that knows what they're doing (most tire stores don't). Expect it to take about an hour (if its a VR4- if its done in 20 minutes they lied) to get it right. Costs me about $100 when I get it done but they can get it dead on.

Chris
1994 VR4

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey, I am acctually putting a set of intrax on my car tommarow. When Im done I will come back here and tell you how hard it is. But I have put springs on a car before. I lowered my jetta and it wasnt that hard. But ill tell ya how it goes.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
I've actually heard that Tein lowers up to 3 inches, and is adjustable. The only problem is the price tag. And I'm sure it's a pain in the ass to install.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah the TEIN's are awesome but that is just the opposite of the price. The price is anything but awesome. :p ... I will get the TEIN's cuz my car is my daily driver and the snow wont help it out here in NJ either. LOL.:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
I put in the intrax today. It was actually quite easy. And the alignment is fine. All you have to do is mark where the top bolt was positioned on the bottom portion of the front struts. Other than that all you really need is some spring comprtessers and an impact wrench and it should take like 4 to 5 hours.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool! thanks for the info busta. I currently don't have either of those tools but I have access to them. I'm glad to hear it wasn't that difficult. I definately plan on doing this in the future. Any other hints or advice to give? thanks again for the info.

kyo

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
does anyone know how much the tiens cost and how low can you go with them.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I installed the TEINS myself. Was easy. Here are some tips.

1. You dont need a dangerous spring compressor
2. Bend the special wrenches so that they will fit up on the hat, so you can tighten the top nut. It is imperative that on the fronts you do this. On the backs, use a 10mm wrench. If ya dont you will destroy the shock.
3. Oh yea the most important. I have the ENGRISH translation, if anyone needs it.

The back ones are adjusted half way, and the car is slammed already. Hard to tell though cause the front is still jacked up.

·
In God We Trust
114 Posts
I've been wanting to put a set of Eibach or Intrax springs on my 95' 3kgt but have a few questions.

*Which is better-Intrax or Eibach?
I know Intrax lowers to 1.7" as opposed to Eibach's 1.5"

*Will it mess up my camber?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Freak Show said:
I've got my heart set on Tein.....but the price is very high....anyone know a place where they are the cheapest??????
www.titanmotorsports.com
ask for "Bottle"

Guys, remember the TEINS HA is made for twin turbo models only.

TL

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
liutengc said:

www.titanmotorsports.com
ask for "Bottle"

Guys, remember the TEINS HA is made for twin turbo models only.

TL
DAMN, I thought I was going to get a good price on the TEINS.....but I guess I have to pay the same as everybody.:D

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I pd 1680.00 from them thats a screaming deal.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd say go w/ intrax. I like the lower look even though its not that much of a difference. It rides great and my camber is perfect, I didnt have to adjust any thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts