Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since installing my exhaust, a Borla, I've noticed that the check engine light occasionally flashes, or it comes on for few moments then goes off again. Is this something to be concerned about?

I do know that the alternator is not charging properly and needs to be replaced, could this be the reason why the light comes on?

I have not removed the cable to the battery since doing the exhaust, do you think that it will help or do I need to take it in and have it checked out? There are a few things that need repairs now.

Lord Warlock

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
It will have stored the code which is something you can read yourself. The procedure and codes are all the same as a 1g DSM.

http://www.myzero.com/electrical/code.html

(the site recommends using a 12v buzzer but an analog volt meter is just as easy - simply count the sweeps)

If you end up with a code not on that page, post it here and we can look it up.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,560 Posts
Lord.....

I dont have an answer for you on your CE light, but I am still wanting to see your paint work!!!

Bob.:)

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OhioSpyder: Final paint work is delayed, Last weekend I tried to spray some clear when it was too cold and it fucked up the entire surface - I am in process of sanding it all smooth again to try it again when weather warms a little. (needs to be 70 degrees). I think I was able to save the hood area, by sanding with 1500 grit and then buffing it out, is looking alot better now.

I originally used Komply Klear II, then when ordering more I got the wrong type, was UC-35 clear by HOK, but not what I originally used, ran like a bitch on doors and rear fenders. Now I'm faced with repainting the back fenders because the pearl isn't consistent due to sanding. I've decided to repaint the upper door (above cladding) upper rear fenders and then re-clear using the Komply Klear II again, I ordered more yesterday. The sig pic shows the new paint before this last weekend's fiasco.

In order to check codes, don't you have to have a pocket logger? I don't have one so am stuck taking it in, but had planned on taking it to a non dealer shop to do the alternator.

LW

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,560 Posts
Lord.....

....first off, can you PLEASE tell me your first name.....Im tired of praying to ya;)

Sorry to hear about the paint work, I really CANT wait to see the finished product.

Do you have an analog multimeter (if not, you can get one cheap at Radio Shack)?

If you are willing to try to read the codes by yourself, PM me and I'll copy you on the manuals instructions.

Bob.:)

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: name...is Nathan, nate, nat, shithead....whatever gets my attention usually works... Kind of like people calling me lord though, closest I'll ever get to royalty..lol.

I recently posted a new website but haven't updated this site with the new link yet. I'll be posting pics of the paint there, so I'll let you know. My sig pic is linked to the new page so if you can figure it out fine. Did the page solely for the sig pic.

Most people like the flames on the spoiler better than the ghost flames, I may overlay a 2nd set of flames on the hood that are slightly more visible-have to clean out the airbrush first, and get more transfer paper. The hood flames actually came out very well, the door flames are ok and multi hued to increase visibility but are really only noticeable close up. Considering I drew/laid all the flames out by hand without a pattern, I think they came out pretty good. I like the black pearl roof the best...the metalflake and clear looks really deep and looks like a starfield now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts