Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had always thought that VR4's came stock with leather interior, but my 91 isn't, it's like a nylon material. The seats are black on the outside and red on the inside and the floor is a mix between purple and red. The inserts on the doors are also red. Does anyone know if this is a stock interior or if it was custom made?

S

·
0 Posts
VR4PWR,My interior is just like you described I like the interior and after looking at a few 9 year old Vr4's with leather that looked like a tank drove over them I moved leather interior down on my list of must have optoins....Have you seen 9 year old leather?.....Mark

M

·
0 Posts
I don't believe that the VR4's came standard with leather. I looked at a '91 that had cloth interior.

C

·
0 Posts
If I remember right the only options that came on the 91 VR4/Stealth TT were cd player and leather.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Leather was not standard on TT's /VR4's, but was an extremely common option. True enough, leather does not hold its age as well as cloth, but there is something about leather. It also doesn't add as much to the resale as one would think. I played with the Kelly Blue Books values with and without leather. On a 91 it only added about $100. to the resale (although I think subjectively, it is an easier car to sell with it).

D

·
0 Posts
My 91 gtsl has red leather and it is in remarkable shape showing only slight wear on the drivers seat side bolster from getting in and out other than this it is mint I have seen vets that are 5-6 years newer that look trashy compared to our cars leather

C

·
0 Posts
Use Eagle one leather cleaner and conditioner to keep your seats soft a looking new. U can also use the conditioner on the dash, it gives it a nice deep shine for a long time.

P

·
0 Posts
Not much that you can do with old wrinkled and cracked leather,But if you are lucky 3enough to buy one with good leather, your right theres something about leather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts