Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Currently Boost-less
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested in the inspiration for the front styling of the 1994+ 3000GT, I present....

This is from the 1994 Product Information package, which includes information on all Mitsubishi vehicles produced that year.

Many thanks to RainKing for letting me borrow this picture - You're the greatest Dude! :D :D And I finally found a reason to buy a scanner! ;)

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
I don't see how that resembles the front of my car.

·
Registered
606 Posts
i can see the simmilarity in the cars headlights and the eyes of "benkei".

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a brief sidenote on Benkei from a Japanese fanatic..
He was a warrior known for his toughness. Supposedly able to withstand all sorts of abuse, there is even a proverb in Japanese "Benkei no nakidokoro." Literally "a crying spot for Benkei" it means a spot on the body for which even Benkei was supposedly weak.

·
223 Posts
No problem bro!! im glad it finally got posted, im a lazy ass. and whitetiger i think it resembles the 94+ alot..open up the creative side of your head :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Brow

Is it just me or does his brow resemble the black trim on a 3000GT rear deck lid?

Lee

·
Registered
987 Posts
"These two drawings are taken from a series in a sketch book titled 'Tokyo Auto Show' made over a number of months in 1998.

The Auto Show catalogue provided the initial language. I wanted to go beyond the self-consciousness that our culture exhibits towards technology, reinventing it as a new language and geometry through pencil and sketchbook.

This is a work in progress that eventually I would like to make into large scale prints.

Sam Solhaug"

These are his drawings, I guess its a skecth of many different car "characteristics" all woven together in one line, look carefully at the first one:

Its pretty cool i guess:D

·
Registered
746 Posts
The drawings that turboturd posted, I believe, are the very first steps in automotive design. The rules state that you can draw whatever you want but you CAN NOT erase. That is why it looks messy. I can see my 94 3kgt in there!

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
whitetiger7654 said:
I don't see how that resembles the front of my car.
Yeah, I don't see how it resembles a Sunfire either.

C

·
0 Posts
OK I must be getting old or something, but I see NOTHING in those last two pictures it looks like a 2 year old opened up MS paintbrush on mommy's computer and went buck.

The first picture, maybe the eyes but even that is stretching things.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There's definitely a bumper at the bottom of the second pic..

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
the first one CLEARLY shows the passenger side headlight of the 2nd gen and from there i can practically see the whole car. tilt your head to the left.

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts
He he - just call those scribbles the 3si Rorshach (sp?) test!

·
Ferrari Nut
2,675 Posts
Uhhhh....yeah. uhh thanks for the clarity on that Japanese story Aeonstorm, otherewise I never would have figured that out. :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
I see 2nd gen 3k in the 1st scribble and the previous style eclipse in the 2nd one. As for that first Benkei sketch.......huh?:p

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
a crying spot for Benkei" it means a spot on the body for which even Benkei was supposedly weak.
AKA Getrash

Thats where the '99 got its cheekbones from I bet.

·
2,248 Posts
Steve3kgtVR4 said:
As for that first Benkei sketch.......huh?:p
It's true... if you can get your hands on a 94+ 3KGT sales brochure there is a blurb in there about how the car takes it's styling from the masks of ancient Japanese warriors.

I always thought that was pretty cool. :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts