Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I need more cars
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At which point is a new intercooler solution for our car the best upgrade? I've noticed that people typically go for new turbos before intercooler upgrades. However, on Surpras I've seen posts of people running 11's without many upgrades however they did have a FMIC. Is it just that our stock turbos are so small in comparison to a car like the Surpa, so it is just best to upgrade the turbo before worrying about getting cooler air the engine?

On the topic of intercooler upgrades, is the intercooler upgrade (replacing our side mounted ICs) that Dynamic Racing sells for $1000 a good upgrade for anyone planning to go around 15g turbos? Or is a FMIC a much better option? I know FMIC's better overall but are really expensive, so if the $1k upgrade would be a large improvement, would it be a worthwhile path? I saw that Matt from DR is still running stock intercoolers and is putting out crazy performance.

So at what point is an intercooler upgrade the best upgrade?

How about intercooler hardpipe upgrades? When should these be done? Before/after turbos? Are they still beneficial with stock ICs?

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you install a intercooler it will add like 10 or more horsepower gains plus itll cool udner the hood better. Also if you get bigger turbos you need a intercooler anyhow. It all depends if you have the money to get intercoolers and the turbos.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Matt uses a front mount on his 95'....not sure about the other cars at Dynamic. Don't know if that tells you anything. He's running 368's though.
see ya,

·
I need more cars
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TTT

·
I need more cars
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts