Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from the dealer today, its been stalling when I put it in gear sometimes and idling a little rough. Well they said I need a new intake manifold, because there is a valve attached to it that is not sold seperately. Could some one explain what valve they talking about?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it might be that but I thought that was considered the intake plenuum and the intake manifold was below that, but I didnt see anything on that piece that looked like a valve. The dealership believes there is a vacuum leak due to this valve. I wander if it might be something else as well. Any ideas? The brand new ecu and the iac valve checked out ok according to the diagnostic tools.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
The only valve I can think of that would cause a vacuum leak would be the variable induction motor that controls those butterfly valves.

Most dealers consider the plenum the upper intake manifold.

The lower intake manifold has no valves at all. It has one tube going to it that is connected to the PCV valve and also has the 6 injectors into it as well. Tell them you want to know exactly what is wrong with your car and have them point it out to you. Don't get dicked over.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Dicked over??? Once again, blow me...
Nitro, I'll ask brad exactly what he found wrong and let you know what he was talking about.
I haven't talked to my source for plenums yet, but I'll let you know.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
We all know good and well that many dealerships invent shit to make more money. Not usually to people they know but you let soembody with cash come in who doesn't know much about cars. They'll be getting new blinker fluid and muffler bearings before they can get out the door.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate all the advise. I would agree that there are a lot of car repair places out there that are less than honest, Midas charged me $1000 for a brake repair job. They charged me for new rotors, pads, shims........turns out that when I continued to have trouble and took it to a better place that they hadn't even bothered to resurface the original rotors which is all that was needed. Thats right, they didnt change a damn thing and charged me for it. After a few phone calls I got a refund. That Midas shop is located here in Orlando at the intersection of Alafaya Trail and Colonial.

The dealership here didnt charge me anything when I picked it up yesterday so I dont think I'm being taken advantage of.

Mike, I'd appreciate it if you would find out for me what exactly Brad was talking about......Ken just said the intake manifold so I was a little confused. BTW, it stalled out again this morning, its getting a little annoying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts