Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone....

I have a 99 VR4 intake plenum and manifold, and there are a couple of differences between it and my 94 plenum...I'm thinking it may be too much of a problem getting the work done (portmatching/polishing) just to find that the differences would impede an easy replacement.

So, I was wondering if anyone has a 94 plenum/manifold they'd like to get rid of? If so, I'd be willing to trade...Or, if somebody has ideas about what I could do with the two extra ports on the 99 VR4 plenum, I'd appreciate it! I beieve the extra ports are for a MAP sensor and maybe a pressure diff sensor....

Dan Jett
94 Stealth TT

·
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roger,

I see your point about the intake manifold...Not much room to "open" things up per se, however, portmatching the plenum and intake manifold is effective...Even opening the ports a little, with a better flow characteristic will enhance swirl effect into the heads...

I do think you are wrong about the plenum though. There seems to be plenty of room to hone with our plenums, and I'd be interested in hearing your argument on that...Do you have data or experience with said modification? Boring the throttle body housing and perhaps boring the throttle body itself out slightly would seem to me to be effective. It's been effective in other motors I've helped with (small blocks, mostly).

I look forward to your reply...As far as having the extra MAP sensor, I'm not sure if it would make a tuning difference...Maybe for gauging, but I'm not sure about the ECU compatabilty in regard to engine control/feedback. Any further ideas on that?

Dan J

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.