Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
i'm from albany...so multiply this number by about 3 and you got your estimate...

96 base 3kgt - 3500/year

Matt

·
Registered
531 Posts
ok, do something to this number :)

1994 SOHC Stealth
New Driver
17 Year Old Male
Insurance in my name
Liability, 250k/500k + 1mil umbrella policy
Fire/Theft
Defensive Driving
Drivers Ed
B and up High School Average

$2179.00 per year. Tell me thats not pimp?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your is preety okay....

I am 40, wife + 2 kinds, but I am preety new driver (only 2 years). I live in queens and I have to pay $1500 for my minivan. How much I can expect if I would buy vr4 or Firebird V8? $$3000? Mail me if you have some nice insurance agency (now I have State Farm)...

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
if you've got a few spare minutes, just check out some of the competition. ie: progressive, geico, ect. and do the free online quote. That will give you a very good estimate on what you're looking for. I'm assuimg that being married, over 25, kids, and you have assets, that you're insurance won't be nearly as much as I mine would be...but you're also in NYC...so that doesn't help the situations:p

Matt

·
Registered
584 Posts
My insurance in Ma for my 1994 Stealth R/T NA is 3200 a year. Tell me im not getting raped. 17 year old driver no accidents no tickets. :(

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
Jdawg82 said:
My insurance in Ma for my 1994 Stealth R/T NA is 3200 a year. Tell me im not getting raped. 17 year old driver no accidents no tickets. :(
you're not getting raped;)

I'm 18, had my license for over 2 years, perfect record...3500.. I got you beat!

matt

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I am 30 live in NJ and have a Grand Prix (2002) and a 95 VR-4, and pay $3000 per year with G.E. Insurance (Colonial Penn), with no points, no wife or kids, one accident my fault in 1997.

Sam

·
Favorite Food=E46 M3
334 Posts
i live in southern california and i just bought my car. i got my insurance papers in a couple of days ago and i was shocked. my 97 VR4 was $1010 for a 6 month policy with $1000 deductables. I have perfect record, licensed for 15 years and this is insured as my additional car. i went nuts. I have 21st century insurance which is supposed to be really cheap and they only insure good drivers. For a minute I started thinking about selling the car. then i called this place - AIS insurance. they are one of those brokers who work with a bunch of companies. they got me insurance through Mercury. Mercury is pretty good around here. I couldnt believe what the price they gave me. same coverage for $450 for 6 months and they know the car is a VR4. Oh, after 6 months, its 400.

lesson here is to shop around.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Wow, I pay just a shade under $3,000.00 /year for my supra (which is a targa). That is with no tickets or accidents on my record. I am 24. Not so bad. I couldn't imagine paying more than that for a N/A 3/s (no offense).

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
WeaponX said:
Wow, I pay just a shade under $3,000.00 /year for my supra (which is a targa). That is with no tickets or accidents on my record. I am 24. Not so bad. I couldn't imagine paying more than that for a N/A 3/s (no offense).
does the targa affect insurance? I couldn't imagine it really affecting the price of insurance....

Matt

·
Registered
103 Posts
the only agency that will insure me is progressive. I'm a veteran and even USAA turned me down. They told me to call them back in 3 years. To answer your question I have an n/a and for full coverage it would be close to 4 grand that's why I have liability which is still 1400.00.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm a dork said:

you're not getting raped;)

I'm 18, had my license for over 2 years, perfect record...3500.. I got you beat!

matt
Soon to have 99 SL
I'm 18 clean record no tickets, point, etc.

I have to get NJ insurance as I am still a NJ resident -> Liability + collission for me == $5500/yr.

I can't wait to get Hawaii insurance. It's about half of that if not cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts