Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my KYB GR-2's in from carparts.com the other day and I'm anxious to get them on. I hate when ECS turns off all the time and my ride feels like it has no suspension at all. anyways I know a few of you guys have done this so if there's anything I need to get or avoid before doing this lemme know. thanks alot
mike

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey! Do they give you 1/3(33.3%)discount when you place your order? Just curious.
Don94

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
I just ordered a water pump, timing belt, gasket, and PCV valve for $120 including shipping. They did give me 33% off. Not bad if I do say so myself. The link to use to get 33% off can be found at http://3si.opcode.org/Links.htm

Tricks to installing shocks: Try to use something to keep the springs compressed or else you are going to need someone (200+ lbs.) to help push it down. It takes some muscle to get them in so don't be afraid to use a little force. If you have the service manual it will explain everything. I had to take the rear sway bar off of one side so that I could remove the one shock. The other side I didn't have to do it. Good luck. If you need anymore help just ask.

Hans

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
hans91,
are you talking about a VR4 or TT? $120 for the timing belt, h20 pump, gaskets,? Do you think they sell the parts to hold down the crankcase pulley? please post here or e-mail me at [email protected]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the stuff you get from CARPARTS.COM (ie: waterpump, timing belt, etc) all MITUBISHI stuff or is it aftermarket stuff?
Randy

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
The timing belt was made by Gates (original list price=$121.56, they sell for=$81.04, take off 33%=$55). The water pump is a new pump, not remanufactured, made be Beck Arnley (original list price=$104.93, they sell for=$69.95, take off 33%=$47). The gasket is made by Detroit Gasket (original price=$2.22, they sell for=$1.48, take off 33%=%1.03)
It's all aftermarket as you can see. The prices are for a 91 3000GT base. I don't think the prices would be different for a VR4.

Hans

1 - 6 of 6 Posts