Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm gonna be installing my A/F gauge hopefully this weekend along with my S-AFC and EGT gauge. What I need to know is where should I tap into my O2 signal wire?? close to the ECU or close to the actual sensor? and what wires do I need to tap ( I know the ones by the ECU are White but which ones?)

Thanks

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
You can find the wire you need to tap into by taking off the drivers side center console carpet. About a foot from the petals you'll see wire harnesses, stay away from the big ones, your looking for 4 wires taped together, I believe the colors are black, black, red and white. It took me a few minutes to find it, it's near the floor. I believe you'll be tapping into the white wire. Can anybody else back this up? I installed mine about a month ago.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know which ones your talking about and I belive its black red white white (one for each bank) but which is for which?? I need to know since I need to know which bank I'm looking at...

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Really? I'm pretty sure there was only 1 white wire there that I tapped into. I'm also pretty sure of this because your taking readings from a single 02 sensor. I would find out for sure before you do this because if that purple data wire is hooked up to voltage it may damage the gauge.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
tapped mine by the ECU, Should be white in there own little bundle of 4 to 5 wires.

Attachments

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so if I read Jeff's site right pin 76 is for the rear O2 and 75 is for the front??

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok...now is it ok to run the ground from the ECU ground or do I need to run a wire to the battery??

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Bluv69k said:
tapped mine by the ECU, Should be white in there own little bundle of 4 to 5 wires.
Damn so much light in that picture! Sorry to be off topic but where did you get the piece to hold your cd player and the guages?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts