Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Krank vent and my car is still smoking. I followed the instructions on Jeff's site (Thanks). I am still using the stock replacement PCV valve because I was having a hell of a time hollowing the original valve. Will putting a hollow PCV remedy the smoking any better? I've ran a search but am still a little confused after reading all the threads. I'm just wondering if people who have had the smoking gotten rid of it completely w/ the Krank vent. Any feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Mine smoked bad.Added the Krank Vent.Still smoked the same.Drilled out the PCV valve and no smoke.Drilling the PCV is a pain in the ass BC you have to get every little piece out of it.You may be able to find a hollow nipple at the auto parts store or hardware.That would save you the trouble of drilling.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried drilling but all I've done is break drill bits. Any other techniques I can try to hollow the PCV???:confused:

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
Argh, it sounds like you guys want me to order more Krank-Vent adapters, huh?

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
I'll see what i can do. Believe me, you arent the only one asking for these damn things.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you run a search on Krank vent you will find a lot of threads on the subject. The smoke comes from bad valve seals. Most people get the smoke once pre-cats are removed. I think the pre cats filter out a lot of smoke. Krank vents also help w/ lifter tick.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
My smoke started the day after losing all 3 cats.I have yet to have lifter tick.If i crank it and it starts to tick I turn it off. I crank it and the tick is always gone.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Are you sure it's your seals or krank vents are needed. I lost all my cats and much like other people I started smokin. Mine smelt rich like fuel and my plugs and O2 were fouled. 1 thing consistant in smokin TT's is the lowered plug gap and not burning fuel properly. I regaped my front platnums to about .034 and let my car warm up before driving and it has made a big diffrence. However spark blowout has reared it's head. I have bought copper NGK plugs and plan to do the coil upgrade with increased gap. I think it wouldn't hurt if a few people tried this. I think for people like me(not losing oil) it will work.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Mine was the same it smelled like raw fuel.I think my coppers are at .32.My true problem is I am running not enough boost for the 10:1 set up.It is at 6-7 psi and I would like 10 for daily
driving.I have always played it safe and that is what I did.The tubbing connectors are being eaten up by the ethonol and when I disconnected the alky I dropped the PSI. When the alky is perfected The PSI will go up.Where do you mount the catch can in all of this mess? On the V.W.s they were always linked to a vaccume line to create a neg. pressure. My Morrosso has one in and a drain.Where. Thanks, Mike

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
If i can get them, it will be a couple weeks because they must be shipped from overseas. So hold your horses buckaroo. :p

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
F27Corsair said:
If i can get them, it will be a couple weeks because they must be shipped from overseas. So hold your horses buckaroo. :p
Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts