Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start a complete install (I'll post pictures when completed) and it will be my first. I know that I'm running the power wire from the amps down one side of the car and the RCA cables down the other, but what about the speaker wires? I'm running 14 gauge wire from the trunk area to the components in the door and dash (Orion HCCA 6s). Should I run the speaker wire on the opposite side of the power wire with the RCAs or does it matter? What has other people done when putting new wiring in their car? Thanks for your help.

·
Tire Pumper Extraordinair
4,068 Posts
<i>...Orion HCCA 6s....</i>

Good choice, I'm running these too. On your question:

You can run the speaker cable next to the power, no harm. Just don't do that with your RCA's.

On the 6s's, try stock locations in the doors and dash. On the doors, cut out the "wagon wheel" part of the grill and then mount the speaker trim ring upside down with the speaker. The door panel when they fit, but it will be a bit tight near the corner with the speaker. Just carefully bolt the bottom left bolt near the speakers in slowly pull the door panel in as close as possible to the door. You will have a 1/4" gap or so between the door and door panel at the bottom. The door will close fine however and the speaker cone will not hit the grills of the door panel this way.

If you have troubles during the install post to this thread and I can clarify what I mean above.

Ted

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the help and I'm sure I'll need some more advice as I install. I'll be starting Tuesday night (when the wife and kid leave for a week)!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts