Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the final stages of rebuilding my tt engine and I'm coming across a problem finding proper injectors. Whoever did this tt swap failed to switch over the injectors, ecu, fuel pump etc. I am already planning on getting a chrome ecu and am thinking I might plan to go e85 later down the road, should I save myself the time and money and buy 450cc DSM injectors in case I make the switch later down the road? If i get larger injectors and plan to start the car and go through the break-in period for the engine on 91 pump gas, would I need to scale the injectors down through the ecu? Or is it best to switch over to e85 all at once after the engine is assembled and running properly? Is this still possible with larger injectors? TYIA

·
www.cts-racing.com
1993 Stealth RT/TT
3,284 Posts
Anytime you change the injectors you will need to scale. If you plan on running E85 account for 30% more than you need versus pump gas. I wouldn't put any used injectors in a fresh rebuild. Order some new ones and rescale properly. If you want to stay basic bolt ons with stock turbos, something in the 550cc range should be fine on E85.

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,122 Posts
What do you currently have then? Nothing? If so, I would just break-in everything on stock and add your variables later once all is confirmed well.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

Reactions: Disrupter

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you currently have then? Nothing? If so, I would just break-in everything on stock and add your variables later once all is confirmed well.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9
The previous owner that started the tt swap never switched over the injectors so I've got stock na injectors, I think 210cc. I doubt I can get much money for them bc they're used and in rough condition but if I am planning to get stock tt injectors, where should I look? Cant seem to find 360cc low resistance injectors anywhere.

·
Lovbyts
3,992 Posts

·
Crimson Jihad
2,149 Posts
The previous owner that started the tt swap never switched over the injectors so I've got stock na injectors, I think 210cc. I doubt I can get much money for them bc they're used and in rough condition but if I am planning to get stock tt injectors, where should I look? Cant seem to find 360cc low resistance injectors anywhere.
Check facebook market or the various facebook groups. I think I sold my low mileage (~50k) stock vr4 injectors for around $70.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts