Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
topic seems stressed, but why the hell does my car eat brake pads like they're snacks?!? My mother's alero has the same setup, 4 wheels abs and it barely ever shows dust from the brakes. I'm not a harsh braker by any means, but it's a pain in the ass after spending hours cleaning car/rims, then 15 mins later front two wheels are covered once again. Anyone know if I should go with performance pads next time.. will it make a difference? Also, if I do go with performance pad, my mechanic informed me that most aftermarket brakes usually squeek. Hence the reason I keep replacing them with stocked ones. Thanks, any ideas would be great.

-John C.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Your mechanic is full of it. Get some good brand pads, like the EBC Greens in your case, and enjoy dust-free braking with better performance. They're kind of pricey - around $100 for a set of fronts - but they'll do the job.

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
or you could get a set of stillen metal matrix pads for 48 bucks a set.......

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I think I may be looking into the stillen matrix pads.. a lot of people seem to use/like them. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I had that problem too and it pissed me off... front wheels would be black in less than a week while the rear ones stayed clean. So when I replaced my front rotors w/powerslots I decided to go with axxis metal master pads. No more brake dust problem. :)

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I put in the metal matrix pads... will I have to replace the rotors too? Or can i run the setup off of the stocked rotors. I just had the stocked rotors shaved because they were vibrating a little and I really don't want to replace them at this time. Thanks.

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
Mitsu3kGTsl said:
If I put in the metal matrix pads... will I have to replace the rotors too? Or can i run the setup off of the stocked rotors. I just had the stocked rotors shaved because they were vibrating a little and I really don't want to replace them at this time. Thanks.

If you just had them turned then you can defintely just put the metal matrix pads in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts