Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Straying from the top name brands like Apline and Clarion, how do in dash screens work clearance-wise with the way the players are slanted in our cars and the air controls right above it all?

- With the dvd players like Soundstorms version that don't have any kind of screen on them, how is stuff like track number shown? And the in dash screens that have a face on their side for when they are closed, would those contain that kind of information maybe or is that just for the tv's options?

- Does a dvd player that specifically plays mp3s and cds usually play vcds as well?

- The kind of screens I'm refferring to are like pyle's PLNTV5, thanks for everything,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1940394894

Nila

·
Registered
224 Posts
it will have a remote or controls and whatever you need to see will be on the screen just like playstation 2 plays dvds but does not actually have a display on it everything is on the tv like the options and you can play cds but there is no display on the actual ps2

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Ahhhhhhh this is my expert area. I currently have the Pioneer P73000 DVD player which was Pioneers top of the line In Dash DVD player last year. It has a 7inch wide liquid crystal LCD. They mount perfectly in our cars. I have a 1995 Dodge Stealth R/t. I also have a 5spd and highly recommend getting a short throw shifter so You can see the entire screen and shift the whole time. Only certain DVD players are MP3 capable and only certain DVD players play VCD's. Mine playes all of them and also has Navigation. The technology is out there, just matters how much you are willing to spend. FOr my set-up I payed $2000 and an additional $350 for the the navigation maps. They are definetly worth purchasing.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing yet, and if short thow shifters had a way to shift from park to drive I'd probably get one in a heartbeat :). I'm 17 with a totally limited budget paying for all that I have to, so I will probably end up with a lower end two peice system. Navigation would be awesome, do you really think it is worth it and like how it works? I could go with a 5" that has a side view and tv tuner along with a standard single din dvd player. Or for maybe 40 bucks more Twinsen has a link to an online store that sells 7" lcds, I'm just not sure the adjustment angle is sufficient so that it won't run into the AC controls and it doesn't have a tv tuner... I'll keep you updated, thanks again,

Nila

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Mine has a tv tuner but I currently don't have it hooked up. Right now I'm just running DVD/Navigation and then this spring I'm adding my Playstation 2. I only drive my car on perfect days in the summer therfore i never turn on my air or heat so the set up works for me but if you do constantly use your heat another set up may be better for you. My screen pops out and flips up directly covering the heat/air controls. I have 4 remotes that operates my DVD and my system. The navigation is pue sweetness. It's cool looking down at your tv watching the little green car traveling along with you. i highly recomened it but the only draw back is you have to purchase maps of you area along with your dvd player so make sure dvd player is compatible with navigation when you decide to purchase this item.

·
Canada Eh!
523 Posts
calrion

i have the single din clarion in dash dvd, cd, mp3, flip out screan unit, it fits great when mounted in the bottom 1/2 of the double din opening, it looks oem with the screan out it fits so well, it blocks hvac controls whjen out though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts