Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys my first accident. and it will end up being my fault even though it shouldn't be. I was home from college for the weekend and I was driving down route 22 in allentown when a car at the upcoming onramp merged out in front of me and then decided to stop halfway into the road and not go yet... Well I swerved around it almost pegged a car in the left hand lane back end flew out I got control again ended up into the following offramp where traffic was a dead stop and slid right into a miata there. My front end is pretty well beat my light and my turn signal, my hood is bent too. The lady the cut me off went by a sec after the accident and slowed down looked but her hand over her mouth then took off (she knew what she did). The lady I hit was mad cool, she saw everything in her mirror... she said that becuase of my driving a bigger accident was avoided and there was nothing I could do (that helped with my parents too) to the cop. The cop ended up having to put blame somewhere so he said even though there was nothing I could have did and probably saved a huge accident he gave me a verbal warning for failure to signal properly (while swerving, LOL). I am a really heated how it turned out to be my fault but I at least I am alive, thank god for the handling of this car. Now if anybody in Rochester who would be willing to help me save on some labor and help me a weekend throw on a bumper, light, and hood when I get up there I would really appreciate it. So now I got to start looking for parts, sorry about the long post, I just had to vent. People need to be re-evaluated in driving regularly!

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Miatas and 3/S's dont seem to mix well. Except in my wreck a miata hit me. Check and see if you can still get a bumper from PearlR/T. Good thinking on your part to avoid a serious wreck, and people who stop like that are fucking idiots. They deserve to be clubbed to death.

-Jeff

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
I woulda chased that bitch down or at least got her tag #.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
whitetiger7654 said:
I woulda chased that bitch down or at least got her tag #.
Yeah, leaving the scene of an accident is always a good thing to do.

Good2Go:
Sorry to hear about your accident. I was almost clipped by a white miata a few daysa go..

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
I woulda came back after catching her and doing a citizen's arrest type thing.

Citizen's arrest = slapping her then throwing her in the back seat of my car.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
whitetiger7654 said:
I woulda came back after catching her and doing a citizen's arrest type thing.

Leaving the scene of an accident,
Assalt,
Kidnapping

Keep'em coming.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
whitetiger7654 said:

Ya, then you get charged with assault..and that is 10x worse then hit and run ;)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Good2go

Sounds to me like the cop gave you the ammo you need. His observations were that you prevented a large accident. If/when you find the lady who caused it (or talking to your insurance) use his testimony at the scene. Good luck; sounds like your quick reaction time is to be envied by many of us.

btw I believe slapping is battery, and it usually follows assault

Just the same, I expect Whitetiger to ride shotgun for 3si from now on, in case we need any slow highway driving women followed & slapped around :) I feel safer already.:p

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all, funny thing was after I finished sliding my first instinct was to put it into first when I saw that bitch in a cavalier and chase her down, but car was stalled and then I looked straight and remembered the accident (really wierd shit the second after the accident). I am just more grateful to be alive than anything, and to be alive with 0 points on your license is better too. Oh well we will see how much my insurance goes up now. I got to go drive 5 hrs back to school today so Im off to go bang my hood down into place. I will have pictures for you all tonight, just this computer can barely read email without freezing.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pics of damage

not too bad. still it hurts to look at it, but thank god this is all that did come out of it.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
727 Posts
It could have been alot worse..thats all there is to it..you did very well considering what happened and im glad your aiight.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
The woman you hit who said she saw it all in he mirror would also make a good witness in your defence. The cop has to assign blame somewhere, but nothing says he has to divvy it all up among those who are left at the scene.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
andrew I wish it could work that way, but with that who pays to get the cars fixed? certainly not the lady I hit. What can you do, some times you just get screwed over. The lady who cut me off was in a light blue cavalier, so if we can find a car as rare as that, then well... you get my point. I thought it over and I am just going to except it, especially understanding how much worse it could have been. Thanks though, I appreciate your concern.

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Hey good2go, sorry to hear about the crunch.

I'm here in scranton, about 3 hours away from you. (down 390, to 17 east, then 81 south to PAexit 198)

If you'd like, you're welcome to come here, and I'd be happy to help with repairs.

I presume there is no frame damage or anything. If that's the case, getting another bumper, and hood will make for an easy (albeit expensive) repair. If you have headlight damage, that might be a little bit of work.

But, the offer stands regardless. :)

Also, I think there might be a few other board members in the rochester area, so they might be able to help.

Elton

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the offer elmo, I know I need a new snake eye piece and turn signal as the connections broke (turn signal is taped on quality like). The passenger headlight only came up half way with the motor, then I cranked it up the rest so something might just be bent, who knows, but I did notice that my cruise control turns off now if I use the passenger side blinker when the lights are on... hmm... we will see, I want one of pearlr/t's 99 bumpers. I came to the decision I am going to go 99 with flip ups, yeah!

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Duct tape. The magical fix it all tool....

Sounds cool.

I hope you don't need a new flip up. They're kinda hard to come by I've heard. :( If you do, start scouring junkyards and such.

I'm booked for most of November, running here, or there, and nonsuch. (especially with gathering day after turkey day)

But anytime you want help in December is cool. (even if it will be monkey ass cold :p)

Elton

1 - 17 of 17 Posts