Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Impromptu South SD Pre-MOD Tuning/Tech Day Meet!

(Posting here since the SoCal3S board has been down for a while now.)

It is that time of the year again to get together! It is an opportune time for new owners to finally meet the OG's and become socially active and known.

By this time in the year, I would have normally hosted at least 2-3 major 3/S meets going into MOD (Mitsubishi Owner's Day - West Coast). Work and the new projects/campaigns that I am leading have consumed much of my spare time and left me burnt, BUT I always make accommodations! :) whether it be tuning or attending the last two race events with a 3/S - another thread to come on that!

Who: You! SoCal3S members!
What: Annual "Pre-MOD" tuning/tech day meet hosted by ALan/BTS
When: Sunday, June 26th, 2016
Where: Chula Vista (Eastlake) in South San Diego
Why: 'cause all the cool cats will be there!
How: Drive or tow your sh*t down! j/k about the latter, but it has happened before!

(I cannot copy and paste my typical format, so the following is based off of memory)

While the intent of these meets is to become more acquainted, break the ice for some, and have a good, chill time, productivity is still an emphasized goal. I will help provide "free" diagnostics, assessments, and build advice, however, actual tuning is NOT free and must be planned/agreed upon in advance. The charcoal grill will be fired up for lunch, so you are more than welcome to bring snacks or make a monetary contribution as others do. In the evening, we usually cruise over to a local eatery and kick it further.

List of attendees:
  • ALan - "bboyalan" - '92 Panda VR-4 w/ v3 build in progress
  • **Rob - Red '92 VR-4 - 9b's w/ full BPU+ and AEM Series 2 on Pump-E85 (Meth TBI!)
  • **Dustin - "pilot" - '96 R/T TT - 15G's w/ full support and ECUFlash on Pump-E85 (Meth TBI!)
  • Adrian - "bluee3000gt" - Red '91 VR-4 - Full BPU (Phantoms and new build TBI!)
  • Alex - "bigochevy82" - White '97 VR-4 - Full BPU (AEM Series 2 + fuel TBI!)
  • Erick - "aiRwrEcktiOn" - Red '95 VR-4 - WRX 13T's w/ more TBI!
  • Ben - "vr4allday" - White '94 19T/EMU/E85 & Black '99 VR-4
  • Nakia - Black '91 VR-4 - Light BPU
  • more TBD!
**denotes car being present

Pending:
  • Sal - Red '94 R/T TT - 9b's @20lbs on Pump-E85 (MORE TBD!)
  • more TBD!

Honorable Mentions:
  • Mark - "DuTTch" - '96 VR-4 600+wtq AEM/'99 VR-4 13Gentleman's Edition (abandoned us for FL)
  • Rob (on military deployment)

Agenda:
  • New, OEM coils + NGK wires for my DD RX-8
  • New NGK-8's and replace relocated battery for Rob's VR-4
  • Plan for SD MOD caravan in two weeks
  • Pressure-test, proper IAC set, and ignition timing check on Adrian's VR-4
  • Begin reassembling Adrian's 30 over short block
  • Finish disassembling and possibly hone my short block
  • more TBD!

Grub-a-dub-dub!:
  • Alan – turkey bacon wrapped hot dogs, supplies, water, etc.
  • (I have some alcohol but could use another run lol)
  • Adrian - sodas, chips, and cookies
  • Erick - bags of ice and chicken
  • Alex - burgers and beer
  • more TBD!

AS ALWAYS, IF YOU ARE NEW, then you MUST post an introductory thread explaining more about yourself and your car. I must be wary of who attends - no exceptions. If your name is not on the list, then you are not invited, period. ALSO, any and all guests must be mentioned and approved. This meet is for 3/S owners, and accommodations are made as such.

Please contact me directly for the address and contact number afterward. I will be awake early to get a head start. Parking will be assigned at our corner; my neighbors are understanding and aware of my/our typical activities.

Thank-you,
-ALan/BTS

·
Show me your twins
1,116 Posts
You already know Im going :). I just came back from the store and got some sodas, chips, and cookies.

·
Show me your twins
1,116 Posts
As for the agenda on my car, a boost leak test, resetting the IAC, and checking timing (with a timing light gun thing) is in order I think :bigthumb:

·
Show me your twins
1,116 Posts

·
AR_VR4
73 Posts
Some of you know me already and some don't but my name is Alex. I have a 97 3000gt vr4 that I have owned for almost two years. I have put basically all of my free money time heart sweet and blood into it. It's my prized Posession and I have been accused of having a somewhat unhealthy relationship with it. Haha her name is Lelu named after the girl in the Bruce Willis movie the fifth element because she is PERFECT! Haha I have a list of things I have done to her but she is still stock boost. Just mild mods and cosmetics have been meticulously done. I'll share more details tomorrow when I meet all of you. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and thank you Alan for all you do brotha! I know how busy you are and it's very much appreciated the time and energy you take in helping us all make our cars the best they can be and on top of that your an awesome friend ���� Agenda for tomorrow with my car I'm not really looking to do any work on her. She is running really really well for the first time since I've owned her. Knock on wood hahaha

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha! Good posts :D thanks everyone - so far! I would have never guessed Lelu, and that is damn creative! That was also the first DVD that I can recall watching :p

First post has been updated - agenda and notes on guests, if applicable

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And yes, this is for today/tomorrow. It is most certainly short notice since I usually plan 2-4 weeks in advance (as y'all know lol). Smaller groups are easier to coordinate anyway, and I like seeing the effort made for the impromptu stuff.

Besides, Adrian needs to make up for missing the last one! His a** could not sober up after a quince lmao...

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man. I must have been absolutely burnt out, or I was trolled lol. June 26th* as in today - not sure why July was mentioned as that is already after MOD.

Can I come? I've been waiting for an SD meet for years.
Haha every Sunday is car day here, but that is on a smaller scale where 3/S friends that are local and free show up. Just PM me your name and number, and I will respond back.

Early birds typically arrive at 730-8a for the better planned and larger ones, but the guys from Anaheim and Riverside should be here in about 30m. We are going on a Krispy Kreme run before getting started.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
woohoooo I won a honorable mention

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
is this 97 red one coming?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Haha! Good posts :D thanks everyone - so far! I would have never guessed Lelu, and that is damn creative! That was also the first DVD that I can recall watching :p

First post has been updated - agenda and notes on guests, if applicable
Alan, I just picked up my car from Chai's on Saturday, no more leaks of any kind, he is the Master of the 3kg. Eddie was going there later on this last Saturday. See you at MOD. Only saw this tonight. What's up with the Socal3s site. I tested my car this morning, kept it around 140 or so, no leaks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Some of you know me already and some don't but my name is Alex. I have a 97 3000gt vr4 that I have owned for almost two years. I have put basically all of my free money time heart sweet and blood into it. It's my prized Posession and I have been accused of having a somewhat unhealthy relationship with it. Haha her name is Lelu named after the girl in the Bruce Willis movie the fifth element because she is PERFECT! Haha I have a list of things I have done to her but she is still stock boost. Just mild mods and cosmetics have been meticulously done. I'll share more details tomorrow when I meet all of you. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and thank you Alan for all you do brotha! I know how busy you are and it's very much appreciated the time and energy you take in helping us all make our cars the best they can be and on top of that your an awesome friend ���� Agenda for tomorrow with my car I'm not really looking to do any work on her. She is running really really well for the first time since I've owned her. Knock on wood hahaha
Alex, we need to meet. I have a Black 97 VR4 and I am in Downey.
PM me, I would like to see your car.

·
Show me your twins
1,116 Posts
Thats good news Dave :). See yaaa at MOD!!

·
Show me your twins
1,116 Posts
Adrian, about what time are you getting there? Last year they opened the gates early. See you there. :qgiggity:
Hmm I dont know, probably at 4am like last year. The SD (alan, etc etc) guys and others are gonna meet up at my house earlyyyy, go eat, then caravan to MOD. You are more than welcome to join us :). I think Al is gonna post a thread on here later this week about it.

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
Hmm I dont know, probably at 4am like last year. The SD (alan, etc etc) guys and others are gonna meet up at my house earlyyyy, go eat, then caravan to MOD. and then prolly sleep at MOD.
corrected!

·
Show me your twins
1,116 Posts
LOL pretty much!

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Last Sunday was fun and productive like every weekend is for me. As stated, I will be posting a new thread for the SD MOD caravan. Every year and every meet (for many years now) has an old "SD/LA tradition" - all nighter/day event. If you cannot hang, then too bad...

Anyway, here are some pictures for those that missed it:

"Bacon-wrapped hot dogs are ready for the grill! Burgers are not shown, but they were delicious!"

"Good riddance! Red tops have become the biggest, over-priced POS - for real! I have had at least 5-6 (possibly more) abandoned here/fail in others' cars over the last few years. I decided to give the Duralast Platinum a shot in Rob's VR-4 since the Gold has always proven itself solid w/ performance and warranty."

Aside from a pressure-test, I also properly checked and set Adrian's base ignition timing - way off lol. There was a little time to do a little maintenance on the DD too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts