Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what's the deal if you were to import a car that already exists in America, just in a different version. If I was to have the GTO AWD N/A imported, would it need to go thru any tests or anything to be street legal, and would the registration be anywhere near as expensive as the Skyline's in America($16,000). I was looking at making an AWD N/A 3/S, but I might check into importing one, which might be just as easy. If anyone knows, PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND POST!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Why would you want an AWD N/A? Especially if you have to go through all the trouble of importing it.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Not gonna happen.
Atleast, importing it isn't. The only way the NHTSA and U.S. Customs will let the car through is if you can provide sufficient crash test data proving the RHD (right hand drive) version is just as capable of matching or exceeding crash test standards that the LHD (left hand drive) car does.

Best way to do it..... Buy an N/A, then nab a TT tranny and start swapping parts over.
Or just buy a TT and make everything easier.

Note: Trust me on this one. I researched importing GTO MR's to the states about three months ago, and came up with exactly that..... Now you know why Motorex and Evolution Imports charge so much for EVOs and GT-Rs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts