Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working in Stilwell today to make my Stealth Payment!!!! Not bad pay though! $375 in a day! I am getting KYB's so my car will stop eating my front tires! (and if anyone has two HTRZII's 245/45ZR17 lemme know!!) I have been out and killing lately, got a red almost everything bolted on possible 5.0 to about 90... I didn't really kill him cause it wasn't from a stop and he never was behind me, I never was behind him, dead even the whole way (and that is with PERFECT shifts) but I am only running 12-13Lbs of boost! Oh.. and my wife was with me! Got a black 5.0 at about 5 lengths to 100... well.. I hit 100... he didn't! Sounded good though (flowmasters and an Hpipe) oh... and I killed a stock 80's camaro... the only notable thing was that I hit him hard enough in 1st that even though I missed second (and left the motor standing at 7000rpm) he never approached me... course I felt like a moron for the whole screaming blunder, but he didn't pull up and gloat!!
been trying to spread the word about this site!!! We should have a new black 93 SL and a 98 or 97 Black VR4 and a red 92 SL and just today a new 93 Grey SL... Everyone I see in oklahoma with a 3/S I recruit onto this wonderful site.
I am really getting a bad ticking and I am worried that it might really be a knock coming in and not a tick that is getting more noticable... I just changed my oil and I notice it more now... so I figure it is just the same ole same ole, but any one know of any tell tale signs of bad stuff??? I don't have any smoke, loss of power or anything just the annoying sound!!!
Glad to still have a Stealth! Glad you guys are all still around! See ya round!!

J

·
0 Posts
Probably just your auto lash adjusters. If still under warranty, have the dealer replace them. I believe the new ones have been redesigned with a larger "oil hole". That's more than likely your ticking, other than the normal ticking from the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey yeah, forgot about the injector ticking!!! So do any of those increase in either sound or speed with the speed of the engine??? I don't recall hearing anything getting faster or louder with engine speed but just for future reference... and no it is a 92... no warranty!!! Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Kind of a long shot, but if you get the chance hook up with the TMO datalogger. Take your car out and run it, hard. Then look at the logs and see if there is any knock.

Mark
'93 RT TT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts