Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 2 or 3 weeks already and i'm so pissed off. First problem was taking it out...they weren't positive how; then comes putting in the new one after a while...then they noticed upon shipping, the cam gears were broken on the new one and had to swap them with the old cam gears.

They charged me an additional 4 1/2 hours for those:mad:. Then they finally start it after hooking up everything 2 days ago and BAM, guess what?? A Coolant leak. So I assume they would take care of that, but he warns me that it is a freeze plug, but possibly (VERY UNLIKELY) that it is the head/head gasket. Now i go there today hoping it would be done...what was I thinking...its just sitting there; they didn't take a look at it yet and prob won't till monday. There is also apparantly an oil leak too now. WTF is going ONNNNNNNNNN:mad::mad::mad::mad:. My friend came with me and gave him an attitude saying it should be done by now, but he took me aside and told me never to bring a friend again.

So maybe i'll have the car sometime within the next week...year...decade?? Just needed to vent; thanks for listening:(

·
Registered
51 Posts
He told you never to bring a friend who is this jerk!!! do you know this guy?or did you just bring to some performance shop
sounds like BS to me they should be done by now.

Late,

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
mines been down for a year an 3 months. So quit it. :D

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dad has done business with them in the past and trusts them. But I absolutly don't anymore...they told me not to bring any friends or look under my car like i did to see what was wrong. He said he could be sued if someone hit me while lookin under it...i am not even gonna go to my last 2 classes today that's how pissed i am. Anyways, thanks for your time; i'm usually a happy person.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
don't bring your friend? That is so much bull. I swapped the engine and tranny in my car in two days. I had the service manual. I even had to change out my axles, front struts, a-arms, tie rod ends, and rewire a couple of sensors. The service manuals cost me like $90, so considering the manual, parts and my time, I got a new engine tranny, axles, cv joints struts, a-arms tie rod ends, and piece of mind for $5000. Depending on your situation, and the agreement you had with them you should cancel payment, until they have your car done, and pay them for the agreed upon amount, if they don't like it, they can give you back your car.
My friend took his rx7 in to have the turbos looked at. They told him that he needed a new engine, which wasn't surprising considering he had 100k miles. So he said whatever, and let them work on it, when they were done (3 months later) he tried to start it, no go. They told him that the problem was elsewhere and that it wasn't their falt. At that time, he called his credit card company and told them to stop payment. The garage he took his car to then graciously called him saying how they had fixed the elctrical problem for no extra charge and that they would deliver it to his appartment that evening.
You can get a lot done when you flash the mean green.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I agree 3 weeks isn't that long, sounds like they're staying on top of it. The attitude he gave you that's another story.

When rebuilding my boat engine, it took me 6 months (actually longer when I wasn't staying on top of it) once I started fighting with it nonstop, a crack in one of my heads was missed by the machine shop 3 times, along with many other problems.

How do most of you deal with mechanics? Luckily now I have a good friend that will do all the stuff I can't, but in the past I would always hold off on speaking my mind for fear of them setting up future problems. After getting my stuff back, then I'd let them know that they're not getting any more business from me because of .....

·
20 yr owner
1,867 Posts
I will not let anybody perform any work on
car but me. Save the headache/$ and
due the work yourself.:)

·
4,613 Posts
things take time... I have been without my car for 6 months now... waited over 4 months for turbos and then put it all together and had the timing belt slip... hey at least it ran for a good 10 seconds.... so now I am waiting for parts and labor and everything else, including money :( but someday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts