Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, durring 2nd gear and all the way up i notice alot of power loss ussually after 4000, like im going againt a 100 mph head wind, and the rpms raise alot slower. this is the same in 3rd gear, and each higher gear feels worse. this has caused me to only run a 14.2 with the mods below, not the boost controller cause its not installed yet. i have ngk v plugs gaped at stock. im thinking its blow out, so i got some ngk platinum and gapped them to .032 (not yet installed) and my mechanic said that you cant gap a platinum plug because it will hurt it in some way. is the problem even spark blow out? what else could be wrong?

R

·
0 Posts
If you have factory 9b turbos could be that...They run out of steam around 4500 and start to loose PSI. One of the reasons to get 13 or 15g's

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have 13g's that flow 386 cfm each, they dont loose steam until way after red line.

·
Wizard
493 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me after I installed my Blitz DSBC. John Adams I was getting spark blowout and to regap them to .030. I did and don't have the problem anymore.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did it feel like you were going up against a 100mph head wind only above 4 grand? btw, love the rims, i have the same kind.

·
Wizard
493 Posts
Love your rims too. Great minds think alike. :D
Mine started cutting out and once the boost lowered it started picking up again. Then I recap'd my plugs

I had low power before like pushing against a head wind and the problem was the o ring on the IC pipe going into the back turbo wasn't seated all the way in. Made that adjustment and all was well.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its been like this since i got the new turbos on, so that may very well be, im ganna take apart all the piping and re tighten it all tomorrow when i put on the boost gauge finally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts