Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
proud momma
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at cars and found a 1994 Nissan Altima SE. Automatic, 98000 miles, sunroof...looks clean. I know nothing about these cars though, and I'm not sure if I should go for it. Anyone have any any suggestions?
Oh, and it's a buy here pay here place, so give me some guidelines on what I should ask for, look at, price, that kind of thing.

Thanks alot,
Jen

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Ask 5500 for it. What kinda cars do you like? 4dr, 2dr? Sporty? Smooth ride?
Tell us what you like and theirs plenty of people here who can offer car suggestions

-Jeff

·
Super Suck Machine
179 Posts
Here you go!!!!!

GOOD NEWS! Carfax search results confirm this 1994 Nissan Altima (1N4BU31D7RC218017) qualifies for the $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee. By ordering this Carfax Report, you have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a costly hidden problem.

Section #: Section Name: Section Results:
Vehicle Specifications 1N4BU31D7RC218017
1994 Nissan Altima
Title Check Clean Title History Guaranteed
Odometer Rollback Check No Odometer Rollback Detected
Problem Check No Problems Found
Registration Check Checked 7 types of vehicle registrations
Vehicle History Details 6 Total Vehicle History Records Found

NOTE: Carfax has not inspected this vehicle. It may have problems that have not been reported to Carfax.

How did Carfax analyze this vehicle's history?

VIN:
Yr/Make/Model:
Body:
Engine:
Fuel:
Driveline:
Aspiration:
Country Mfg.: 1N4BU31D7RC218017
1994 Nissan Altima
4D Sedan Compact car
2.4L L4 EFI
Gasoline
Front-wheel Drive
Normal
United States

GOOD NEWS! Carfax search results confirm this 1994 Nissan Altima (1N4BU31D7RC218017) qualifies for the Carfax $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee. Carfax analyzed this vehicle's title history to determine if any title documents were designated or marked with the following problems:

Problem Titles Checked: Results:
Salvage/Junk Checked - No Salvage/Junk Title Found
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Checked - No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Found
Flood Damage Checked - No Flood Damage Title Found
Damage Disclosure Checked - No Damage Disclosure Found
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Checked - No Manufacturer Buyback Found
Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) Checked - No EML Found
Not Actual Mileage (NAM) Checked - No NAM Found

NOTE: Click here for a complete Carfax Glossary.

GOOD NEWS! Carfax search results on this 1994 Nissan Altima (1N4BU31D7RC218017) did not uncover a potential odometer rollback. Carfax analyzed this vehicle's reported odometer readings to determine if any reading is less than a previously reported reading.

Date Reported: Odometer Reading:
03/06/1995 7,917 Reported on 02/27/1995

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/27/1995 10,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/12/2000 50,543

GOOD NEWS! Carfax search results on this 1994 Nissan Altima (1N4BU31D7RC218017) did not uncover any of the following problems:

Problems Checked: Results:
Accident Checked - No Accident Record Found
Salvage Auction Checked - No Salvage Auction Record Found
Failed Emissions Inspection Checked - No Failed Emissions Record Found
Fire Damage Checked - No Fire Damage Record Found
Crash Test Vehicle Checked - No Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Grey Market Vehicle Checked - No Grey Market Vehicle Record Found

Carfax search results on this 1994 Nissan Altima (1N4BU31D7RC218017) identify the types of state motor vehicle department registrations, other than private, that appear in this vehicle's history.

Registrations Checked: Results:
Lease Checked - No Lease Registration Found
Rental Checked - No Rental Registration Found
Government Checked - No Government Registration Found
Taxi Checked - No Taxi Registration Found
Fleet Checked - No Fleet Registration Found
Commercial Checked - No Commercial Registration Found
Non-Profit Checked - No Non-Profit Registration Found

The Carfax database contains a total of 6 vehicle history records on this 1994 Nissan Altima (1N4BU31D7RC218017):

DATE
REPORTED ODOMETER
READING INFORMATION
SOURCE GENERAL
COMMENTS

02/01/1995 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Jacksonville, FL
Registered as private vehicle

03/06/1995 7,917 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Jacksonville, FL
Title #66735352
Title issued
First lien reported
Odometer reading recorded on 02/27/1995

05/27/1995 10,000 Florida
Inspection Station
Jacksonville, FL
Passed emissions inspection

04/29/1998 Florida
Inspection Station
Jacksonville, FL
Passed emissions inspection

08/19/1998 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Saint Augustine, FL
Title #66735352
Title issued
First lien reported

12/12/2000 50,543 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Daytona Beach, FL
Title #0066735352
Title issued
First lien reported
Odometer reading recorded on 08/08/1998

NOTES:

Click here for a complete Carfax Glossary.

You have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a hidden problem. However, Carfax has not inspected this vehicle. There could be other potential problems with this vehicle that have not been reported to Carfax.

Not all titles issued represent a change in vehicle ownership. For example, a title could be issued to reflect an address change or correction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRINT AND SAVE THIS GUARANTEE ALONG WITH THE FULL REPORT

A Three-Year, Transferable Protection Plan

Carfax's $5,000 Guarantee confirms this 1994 Nissan Altima (1N4BU31D7RC218017) has a Clean Title History. This certificate is valid for three years from date of issue, and is transferable!

Carfax $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee Terms:

Vehicle ID Number (VIN): 1N4BU31D7RC218017
Year/Make/Model: 1994 Nissan Altima
Issue Date:
10/29/2001
Expiration Date: 10/29/2004

Register your $5,000 Guarantee with CARFAX

Three-year Protection Plan:
During the next three years, should you discover a problem title in this vehicle's history which was not included in this Carfax Report, Carfax will pay you 10% of the vehicle's wholesale value - up to $5,000!

Transferable Protection:
This Guarantee is transferable should you sell this vehicle prior to the Guarantee expiration date. The new owner receives the same protection plan coverage for the balance of the Guarantee's term.

*Carfax agrees to pay to the holder of this report 10% of the wholesale value of the car, up to $5,000 if Section 2 of this report indicates a Clean Title History and a Problem Title actually exists for this vehicle. A Problem Title is defined as a passenger motor vehicle ownership document issued by the state that bears the word or symbol signifying that the vehicle was salvaged or junked; rebuilt or reconstructed; flood damaged; disclosed as damaged; bought back by the manufacturer; odometer exceeds mechanical limits; odometer was not the actual mileage; or any other symbol or word of like kind. Guarantee Certificate along with corresponding full report must be presented in order to be eligible for payment.

View complete Terms and Conditions. Register your $5,000 Guarantee with CARFAX

In appreciation for your business, we offer our valued customers additional useful services and auto-related savings opportunities. Here are several special offers provided by Carfax and our selected partners to further assist you in the car buying process.

Thanks for using Carfax!
Carfax has screened and selected for you the very best providers who offer quality products and service at low prices. Shop these providers with confidence thanks to Carfax.

Warranties Insurance Finance

Carfax Disclaimer:

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®
Customer Service: [email protected]
www.carfax.com
© 2001 Carfax, Inc., an R.L. Polk & Co. All rights reserved.

29.Oct.2001 19:55:48

·
proud momma
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, at this point, I like anything that isn't what I have. :(

Here's the story, I'm a first time buyer, I make $1200/month, I've been on my job for 3 months and I have no credit. I don't have a trade-in, and right now I only have a few hundred to put down. So, I am having a really hard time getting a loan. I need to get something to get me around for a little while, and so I can establish some kind of credit.

I want an Eclipse or a 3000, but I know I would have a better chance with a 4 door. The guy at the dealership (I had been looking at an Eclipse he sold before I could get the payment saved) called, said he could guarantee me this car, which scares me a little, and he asked me what I'd like to pay a month, and personally, I think I'm going to tell him what I'd like to pay for the car, and he can figure the monthly thing out, because that seems like a trick to me. I said I'd call him tomorrow and let him know. Then I snuck down to the dealership after they closed, looked a the car a little and took down the VIN. I haven't had a chance to drive it, or look inside really close, but from what I saw, it didn't seem like there was anything like body work or frame straightening. Carfax says theres 6 histories, but I can't check it, and those don't usually tell if it was in accidents of anything, just if it was sold or totalled so I wasn't too worried about checking. This is sort of temporary, for like a year or so.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Jen---I think you'd be better off to buy a dirt cheap car for cash and work your way up. I know this sounds bad, but having bad credit, you should never buy a car from a dealership that would sell one to you. They take advantage of people that have few options and they sell you unneeded warranties, charge you extra fees, and jack up your interest. You can find a good private owned used car in the paper or auto trader for CHEAP. My friend just sold a red 1988 VW Cabriolet (convertible) with white interior. It had 135K miles and ran great, and he sold it for $900. Sure it's no Stealth, but it was a sharp little reliable car, and when you buy cheap cars you can clean them up and sell them for a profit, then add extra cash and "move up" to a better car. I have never financed a car, and I currently have a motorcycle, a 69 Plymouth Valiant, a 90 RX7 GTU, and a 91 RX7, all purchased by "working my way up".

Do what you wish, but email me if you need any help, and don't make any quick decisions.

[email protected]

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
If you're making 1200 a month (I am assuming after taxes), you'll probably want to go with a inexpensive sedan for the time being. Save yourself some money and go for the 3S a little later on. At least in my opinion.

·
Registered
708 Posts
litljenarey said:
I want an Eclipse or a 3000,
I agree with Yogs, buy the sedan, save up some money, and get the sports car down the road. Eclipses are not worth the insurance (practically as high as a 3000gt anyway) or the cost of parts, not to mention unreliability. Once you get hooked on real sports cars, the eclipse is not appealing at all (I wanted one too until I got my GT!!)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
LOL what a bitch...

·
Bostig.com
644 Posts
Wow, looking at the carfax report, it looks like someone
rolled the odometer forward ( :) )
In 12/00 it only had 50k miles, now less than a year later it has 98k miles. Wow 48K miles in a year....

Carfax stats are probably wrong.

Lorne

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
LOL what a bitch...
Ouch!!

I take it this is an off week for you guys? :D

Jenny, I personally would not trust an automatic tranny with 98k miles on it. You know how to drive a stick, so buy one. It will save you $$ in the long run. My personal favorite is a toyota or isuzu pick up. Those things are reliable.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Let her buy whatever she wants... She won't listen to you.... She shure as fuck doesn't listen to me.... I mean hell it's not like I know anything about cars or anything...
It's a permanant off for us... It's not worth wondering what kind of crazy shit I'm going to hear about next...

Oh by the way mike I bought a car, I pick it up on friday... Um ok... This is DEFINETLY not someone I want to consider moving in with when money is tight.. I don't know about ANY major desisions untill after the facts... Not worth wasting my breath on her any more...

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Dude, speaking of that, check this out:

Heather took all of our $$ and closed our bank account. Then she opened a new one in HER NAME ONLY!!!!! AND DIDN"T TELL ME UNTIL my checks started to bounce! WTF?

So, when are you guys coming up here?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hoy shit dude... whats that all about??? I think that's her telling you to get a freaking job....
What did you say to her? any arguments break out? Thats crazy. did she even drop you any hints or constant complaining?

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
matt92vr4 said:
Dude, speaking of that, check this out:

Heather took all of our $$ and closed our bank account. Then she opened a new one in HER NAME ONLY!!!!! AND DIDN"T TELL ME UNTIL my checks started to bounce! WTF?

So, when are you guys coming up here?
Ummmmmm....Where is Pacey now??:eek:

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
She want me to get a job really bad. The shit hit the fan when I found out about the banking though! It costs us $150 in bounced check fees :(

I think what triggered it was I bought a rpsIII clutch, fidanza flywheel, and a new second gear syncro etc... AND at the same time I bought a new crank and oil pump for the SL. Hey, it was all necessary :p ;)

The job market up here blows goats. I am still thinking about becoming a mitsu tech. There are no computer jobs. Send me an email telling me about how much $$ you make etc... ttyl [email protected]

shovel, I think pacey is in my bed and I am in the doghouse :D

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
matt92vr4 said:

shovel, I think pacey is in my bed and I am in the doghouse :D
I couldnt even fit my dick in your dogs doghouse!:D

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I could but only if his wife was in there... HAHAHAHHA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts