Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i live around chicago IL and i was thinkin of upgrading my foglights from stock green to these white/blue lights, and my dad said they were illigal. I was hoping someone would know the laws of IL or where i could find some. I was hoping i could learn what is not legal and what is.
thanx all >:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just stop by the local police station and they'll be happy to tell you. Either that or just ask the next police officer you see at a gas station. It's my experience that they are more than happy to take a few minutes and show you their statute book. Another good resource to use is to call up your Highway Patrol office and ask them. Good luck!

Paul

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,151 Posts
About the laws, i checked. For Fog lights only yellow is permitted(Size of bulb), Driving Assistant light you can use the standard Yellowish/white, Superwhite or Xenon. For headlights Xenon are legal(For certain bulbs) the watts i believe can not be over 100. And the Wiper Spray lights are not legal in Blue. Also if there are any blinking lights between blue and white are illegal(Change your High beams to Xenon or Superwhite to match the Low beams) I know some cops when they pull over ricers from china town they make sure both are changed because they can give you a ticket for probably cause. Another thing is to make it to attractive. I used Nokya's 9006,9005 For hi and low at 85 watts, and the PIAA Fog lights also 85 watts. and there hasn't been any problems yet and they light the street up better the then any stock 55watt. Another thing is Choice of brand. The shitter the brand the Worse it will attract.

-Joe

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok

so there is no way i could put l blue fog lights on my car? one guy that was selling them on ebay said that they were legal but u sound like ya know what ya talkin about, but yea, soo blue fog lights or blue rear backing lights are a no?

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,151 Posts
It depends on what Blue your talking about. if something like this for the fogs...no If you do the PIAA, they are somewhat blue but a light shade like this. In other words You can not have a DARK blue like the cop cars, but the Xenon's are lighter. and possible. look at my sig, don't the lights look blue enough for ya? also the backing up lights i'm not sure, i think they would be a probably because white is standard. and blue could cause some confusion. check on that though.

-Joe

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
linchpinjoe said:
and i was thinkin of upgrading my foglights from stock green
Stock green? :confused:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah dude, your stock lights should be a shade of yellow not green. Because since blue is illegal green is a definate no no. :)

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,151 Posts
the Bulbs that i used.

Nokya (Artic White Pro Halogen) 55w(stock)->80w
Low Beam - 9006
Hight Beam - 9005

PIAA H.I.D H-108 55s(stock) -> 85w
Fog/Driver ass. Lights - H3

I got them from The Car Boutique on Harlem and around foster but they have other locations.
The Car Boutique

-Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts