Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
no speed limits here
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my stock tweeters with the JBL 220s. I really like the sound but now I'm getting ignition noise through them-I didn't experience this before.

What can I do to eliminate this?

Thanks in advance,

·
no speed limits here
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...and I was so excited when someone replied. :D I hardly ever browse this forum; does this get much exposure?

·
This is my BOOM stick!!!
591 Posts
You could probably put thicker insullation on the wires going to the tweeters. That might help. Then again the noise might be coming from the head unit.

Good luck, I know how frustrating it is to get something new and then have it not work. :mad:

·
Registered
630 Posts
personal experience, it seems that all tweeters (the higher the frequency) output some kind of engine noise. I have a few fixes.

1.) Reground Batter to frame, (NEGATIVE POST!!!!!!!!)

2.) Reground Engine to frame.

3.) Reground Radio to chassis frame as opposed to the wiring harness, with as thick and as short of a wire as possible.

4.) If you have multiple components hooked up (tv, amp, radar, detector, etc) Go to radio shack and buy a Power Ground Loop Isolator.

5.) If none of these work, just lower the high end of your crossover and cope with it.... or buy new speakers that don't go up so high.....

·
no speed limits here
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

You gave me some things to look into. I really didn't know where to start. But ask me something about the mechanics of the car...:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts