Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, i now have a full exhaust with the precats in tact. WOW!!! LOUD LOUD LOUD!! i cant drive with the thing its so damn loud. i honestly have never heard a louder exhaust. it sounds really good now. i have dnp frontpipe, testpipe, and straight pipes no mufflers. the car screams in more ways than one. it pulls really hard up top, and its REALLY loud. i would not advise doing this unless you want to wear earplugs when you drive. im picking up my set of ear plugs on the way home tonight from work.
 

·
Deal with it
Joined
·
3,129 Posts
Is it really THAT loud....I had my dp disconnected from the cat and didnt feel the need for earplugs. I dont have precats either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine is unbareably loud. im not one to bitch about exhaust being loud as i like it loud, but this is almost too loud. ill get sound clips later tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,707 Posts
I drove around for a couple of days with the rear cat off and the precats are both gutted.It only seemed really loud if you got on it.But cruising at 60-70 in 5th it was just resonance.It sounded great at idle.I mean really great.
 

·
Bored User
Joined
·
8,535 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive changed my mind now. i love the sound. i got to hear it on video that i taped and it sounds bad ass! its sounds especially good when youre going under a bridge or tunnel or next to something. definately WOULD do this. i guess you have to get used to it first.
 

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
Joined
·
6,119 Posts
I saw your car tonight. I noticed that it seemed louder.
 

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
Joined
·
6,119 Posts
Nah. It was on Hwy 138 at about ... 7.30 or 8.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
My car is not very loud at all. I have no cat and custom 2.5" exhaust to N1's, and its only a little louder than factory. It has a much better tone though. Will adding a calispec down pipe and gutting the precats make a difference? Another question i have is will running with open headers make a differnece in our cars? My buddy has an impala SS and when at the track he runs with open headers. Would we see gains from doing this also?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
973000GTSL said:
My car is not very loud at all. I have no cat and custom 2.5" exhaust to N1's, and its only a little louder than factory. It has a much better tone though. Will adding a calispec down pipe and gutting the precats make a difference? Another question i have is will running with open headers make a differnece in our cars? My buddy has an impala SS and when at the track he runs with open headers. Would we see gains from doing this also?
no. you wouldnt see any gains. despite the argue AGAINST back pressure, you do need some.

i have no cats(precats) fontpipe, no mufflers. so basically its all pipe from headers back.

rob, were you in conyers last night? i dont remember being on 138 except for leaving my house to go to I-20. which way was i headed?
 

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
Joined
·
5,289 Posts
Hey jackass, you didn't happen to catch my new 1/4 mile times, did you? Did you notice that I ran them with an open front pipe? BTW, I tried a few runs with the resonator and premuffler pipe intact, and I couldn't even get below a 14.5. After I dropped the pipe, my times drastically dropped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WICKEDDREW said:
Hey jackass, you didn't happen to catch my new 1/4 mile times, did you? Did you notice that I ran them with an open front pipe? BTW, I tried a few runs with the resonator and premuffler pipe intact, and I couldn't even get below a 14.5. After I dropped the pipe, my times drastically dropped.
hey fuckhead, why dont you lick my sweaty balls. fuck you drew. what in the god damn hell is your fucking problem. your car might be different. i ran with an open fp for ever. lost TONS of power. so before you go ranting, raving and name calling, not all cars are the same, they will react differently to mods, and mine is SLOWER with the fp off than on. so fuck you, ya whiney little bitch. i dont care if you ever run a 13.9 or whatever. stfu.
 

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
Joined
·
5,289 Posts
vr-4wannabe said:
hey fuckhead, why dont you lick my sweaty balls... fuck you drew... fuck you, ya whiney little bitch... stfu.
You just fucked up, son. Practice what you're gonna say when you meet me, because I'm waiting anxiously to hear those works come out of your mouth in person. I'm not one of your little buddies, so don't talk to me like I am.

And about the exhaust, there's no way my car is "different". Your ass dyno just isn't as well calibrated as the timers at the track. Take your car to the track and see what kind of times you lay down with and without the exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WICKEDDREW said:


You just fucked up, son. Practice what you're gonna say when you meet me, because I'm waiting anxiously to hear those works come out of your mouth in person. I'm not one of your little buddies, so don't talk to me like I am.

And about the exhaust, there's no way my car is "different". Your ass dyno just isn't as well calibrated as the timers at the track. Take your car to the track and see what kind of times you lay down with and without the exhaust.
how does it feel to get called names then? you going to cry some more? if you cant take it, dont dish it out. oh yeah, i fucked up 'son'... are you going to 'e-slap' me now? tracks closed for the year. its SLOWER ive got both on video. watched both, SLOW SLOW SLOW. motors are NOT the same all the time. your car might take 5hp for an intake, and mine might take 3 for an intake. it varies among the condition of the engine. oh yeah, you going to drive up here from florida just to "beat me up"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
...

I agree with drew but vr4 wannabe are you sure it didn't just FEEL slower since you lost low end torque? Are you sure it didn't pull harder up top? Did you run it with stock downpipe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: ...

SamAlam said:
I agree with drew but vr4 wannabe are you sure it didn't just FEEL slower since you lost low end torque? Are you sure it didn't pull harder up top? Did you run it with stock downpipe?
yeah, i filmed it up top, and down low, and it did seem slower. if i could run it at the track, i would. i cant though, and the butt dyno and speedo both say its slower.
 

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
Joined
·
5,289 Posts
I specifically did the before and after testing at the track with you in mind. With the resonator and premuffler pipe intact(which are 2.25" straight-through), I ran a 14.8 @ 96mph and a 14.5 @ 96mph. With the open front pipe, I ran a 14.1 @ 100mph, and a 14.2 @ 100mph. 4mph trap speed doesn't just come from nowhere.

...and don't ever think you can say whatever you want on the internet without repurcissions. I drive through GA on 75 all the time. I was there 2 weeks ago picking up some car parts, and I'll be there Tuesday and Sunday of this week on my way to and from AR, so any time you want to let out some aggression let me know and I'll be your punching bag.

I don't think "jackass" is in the same realm of "hey fuckhead, why dont you lick my sweaty balls... fuck you drew... fuck you, ya whiney little bitch... stfu. " You opened up a can of worms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WICKEDDREW said:
I specifically did the before and after testing at the track with you in mind. With the resonator and premuffler pipe intact(which are 2.25" straight-through), I ran a 14.8 @ 96mph and a 14.5 @ 96mph. With the open front pipe, I ran a 14.1 @ 100mph, and a 14.2 @ 100mph. 4mph trap speed doesn't just come from nowhere.

...and don't ever think you can say whatever you want on the internet without repurcissions. I drive through GA on 75 all the time. I was there 2 weeks ago picking up some car parts, and I'll be there Tuesday and Sunday of this week on my way to and from AR, so any time you want to let out some aggression let me know and I'll be your punching bag.

I don't think "jackass" is in the same realm of "hey fuckhead, why dont you lick my sweaty balls... fuck you drew... fuck you, ya whiney little bitch... stfu. " You opened up a can of worms.
like i said, dont dish out what you cant take. its a name just like all the others are. get over it. its the freaking internet. nothing will ever happen. your car might respond well to that. mine doesnt. im not going to have some kid that has never seen my car, driven my car, or even sat in my car tell me which is faster for my car. each mod applies differently to different cars even with the same motor.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top