Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Man I would be pissed. Probably more at myself for parking where I shouldn't have. Especially with a car that cannot be towed like that.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hey Likuid,
I love the pic of the 3S in your sig. Are those headlights real, or was it some kind of photoshop deal. I really like the look of them, remind me of the aftermarket lights for RX-7's.

·
Damn Money Pit!!!
1,796 Posts
Haha...reminds me of the time I got arrested and they were going to tow the car! I saw a truck that left two wheels on the ground...OH MAN...i bet those sheriff never saw anyone jump around the backseat of their car like i did!!! Whew!! The officer came up to the window and goes what the heck's wrong with you! I caught my breath and go...He can't tow that car without a flatbed!!! He goes what? why not? I said...it's AWD, he'll tear up the drivetrain if he does! Officer told the tow guy and goes oh really is it? Yeah, I will have to get a flatbed out here then! Too funny, but I calmed down afterwards!!!

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
Just curious, could a towing company be held liable if they didn't know any better and you weren't around to tell them and they left two wheels on the ground?

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
pensfan83 said:
Just curious, could a towing company be held liable if they didn't know any better and you weren't around to tell them and they left two wheels on the ground?
Probably not, only because you are illegally parked in the first place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah when i was on the highway one time i saw a flatbed with a viper on it and towing behind it with two wheels on the ground a RT/TT. The driver proably thought it was smarter to tow the viper on the bed because it was worth more, little did they know. And even funnier you could smell the burning tranny fluid, can you say Dumb Ass, trying to make the safer move and really making the stupider move.

On a brighter (Well actually Dimmer)note i rolled an awd eclipse a few New Years eve's back, because i was rolling my face off (LOL Rolled because I Rolled LOL) and bolted before the cops showed up to gived me a Dui. So they towed the car away with out a flat bed. Instead of destroying the VC they just dragged the rear tires until they flat spotted them, then they came unbeaded from the rims and helped to allow the car to roll till they stopped towing. I later pushed the roof back out and bondo'ed everything back up and the VC was fine the car was still AWD, and i sold the car for what i paid for it, even after the accident, the new owner had no clue, because i am the master of Bond-o, you gotta be when you drive like I did back when I was younger.

·
Registered
109 Posts
pensfan83 said:
yes, now matter what the circumstances, a towing company is responsible for any and all damage they have done to a vehicle. It doesn't take a genuis to look under the car to see which wheels need to be off the ground.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Damn, when I wrecked my VR-4 last week they towed it with the front two wheels in the air! Granted that it may be a total, but if not, you mean to tell me that the drivetrain might now be funcked-up too??? I didn't even think about that! But then again I was still in shock that the front of the car was torn off...

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
The way the VCU operates, it will try to keep all 4 wheels turning at the same speed. Put 2 in the air, remove the TC or the DS and you are welding the VCU.

·
Registered
123 Posts
93Stealth said:
Haha...reminds me of the time I got arrested and they were going to tow the car! I saw a truck that left two wheels on the ground...OH MAN...i bet those sheriff never saw anyone jump around the backseat of their car like i did!!! Whew!! The officer came up to the window and goes what the heck's wrong with you! I caught my breath and go...He can't tow that car without a flatbed!!! He goes what? why not? I said...it's AWD, he'll tear up the drivetrain if he does! Officer told the tow guy and goes oh really is it? Yeah, I will have to get a flatbed out here then! Too funny, but I calmed down afterwards!!!
It Reminds me of this one Time, i was driving by a Swimming park and this 60 year old guy went down the slide and his pants flew off letting his Big hairy balls flop around, Holly jeez i wanted to Lick um!

(Sorry had to do that)

·
Registered
123 Posts
93Stealth said:
It Reminds me of this one Time, i was driving by a Swimming park and this 60 year old guy went down the slide and his pants flew off letting his Big hairy balls flop around, Holly jeez i wanted to Lick um!

(Sorry had to do that)

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
Homepuff said:

(Sorry had to do that)
Uh . . . right. Apparently it's such a fond memory for you, you felt that you had to post it twice, too :eek3:

·
Registered
123 Posts
oops

Well my PC likes to go Out of control and I click it and It goes but it does not show it went.....

It was an Adam Sandler Skit on his CD..... I figured more people would know it....

·
Registered
352 Posts
i know that one, funny stuff. Same CD as the goat i believe, right??

It's great that these towers tow cars their whole career. you would think they look up the car in a book or something to check it's drive wheels.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Ralliartdsmgvr4 said:

On a brighter (Well actually Dimmer)note i rolled an awd eclipse a few New Years eve's back, because i was rolling my face off (LOL Rolled because I Rolled LOL) and bolted before the cops showed up to gived me a Dui. So they towed the car away with out a flat bed. Instead of destroying the VC they just dragged the rear tires until they flat spotted them, then they came unbeaded from the rims and helped to allow the car to roll till they stopped towing. I later pushed the roof back out and bondo'ed everything back up and the VC was fine the car was still AWD, and i sold the car for what i paid for it, even after the accident, the new owner had no clue, because i am the master of Bond-o, you gotta be when you drive like I did back when I was younger.
karma my friend, karma....

·
Registered
432 Posts
HomePuff.... "Man i bet yougot really hairy balls man"...."Well i must say it is a variedable forest down there." ANy way one time a towing company almst towed my car and pulled it a few feet bu i stopped them. SInce then my car hesitates around Middle Rpms. I am abut t do a ranny rebuild should i replace thevcu or the out put shaft? Is there any way to tell for sure with out tearing the tranny apart and if i do buy parts and i dont ned them can i return them?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts