Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

· Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
4,368 Posts
a dumb question, will take out battery for about 3 months cause IAC data lost?
IAC has no memory for data storage and it re-homes itself on every startup. So it’s not affected by any long term missing voltage, as matter of fact it doesn’t have power anytime a car is parked with ignition switch off.

· Registered
367 Posts
IAC has no memory for data storage and it re-homes itself on every startup. So it’s not affected by any long term missing voltage, as matter of fact it doesn’t have power anytime a car is parked with ignition switch off.
I saw some videos and posts, they said they don't want to take out the throttle body and clean it because it is too complicated, I am wondering what the difficulty is for completely taking off the TB? (or what should I pay extra attention to if I want to take off it and install it back) Since I do want to take out it and clean it from front and back.

· Registered
1994 Diamante LS 6G72 DOHC
80 Posts
So i took mine apart and blasted the area with carb cleaner. The original owner had it replaced about 2-3 years ago. The shop used this part:

Standard Motor Products AC99 Idle Air Control Valve https://a.co/d/eOQNvXY
Has anyone used this model, or should I source a better brand? I probed the rows side by side (1 to 2, 2 to 3, 4 to 5, 5 to 6) and got 40 ohms on the pairs. If i probed the ends of the rows, pins 1-3 and 4-6, i got 80 ohms
There was also a small snag in the o-ring but it doesn't look to be causing a leak

After cleaning, it idles slightly better, but my idle varies from day to day. Some days, i can barely tell the engine is running. Others, i just feel a minor shake in the wheel. On the worst days, it's like it's 10-15% lean and sounds like it's choking. I can feel it in the floorboard.

I saw some videos and posts, they said they don't want to take out the throttle body and clean it because it is too complicated, I am wondering what the difficulty is for completely taking off the TB?
Late response, but for anyone else that comes here to read this:
It's 4 12mm bolts holding it to the plenum and another 12mm bolt holding it behind/under the throttle cable that can be a pain to get to. There are 2 coolant lines as well. I can have the whole thing off in 30 minutes taking my time, but a seasoned mechanic could be in the 15-minute range, easy.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts