Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my VR-4 a month ago, and the stock system is shit. I'm not looking for anything fancy (no subs), just high quality front and rear speakers and a new CD player and maybe an amp, if needed.

I did some searching and Pioneer looks good, but I'm not an audio expert so I don't know for sure. I've got about a $700 cap on this. Please give me some suggestions! Thanks, Savage

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
700 should get you some good components, a HU, and an amp.

My setup is a set of Diamond Audio Hex components, Blaupunkt SanFransisco hu, and a US Acoustics USX2150 amp.

Sound is really good.

I'd probably look at an Alpine hu. I like my amp and would not hesitate to reccomend it. Also I think maybe that MTX amps are supposed to be good but for the price the USX is awesome.

I've also heard another good amp brand that doesn't cost is JBL.

Of course the amp will be dictated by your speaker choice. You won't want 150 watts goig to each side of an Infinity Reference component system. I also have heard those are good for the money.

With 700 bucks you can look to spend about 200 for each thing. Then add in wires and you'll be just under 700.

I am going to reccomend a set of components and then don't worry about rear.

·
This is my BOOM stick!!!
591 Posts
Pioneer speakers are about the best quality for the price. I bought a pair of Pioneer 6x9s that push 300 watts max, but had to get boxes for them cause they were too big for the factory enclosures. The speakers and boxes together cost about $110 new. You just have to look around on the internet for a good price on speakers.

As for head units, I prefer last year's models from Sony. The new ones have a lot of impractical features that are EXPENSIVE! Last years models are cheaper and have more practical features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.