Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3SI #1068
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I want the K&N FIPK but if the AIR CHARGER works I want that instead.. cheaper sounds good in this case... It's the K&N Aircharger for Eclipse's 95-99 right? it would help if someone had a model number possibly.. please list if you know it.. I need to give myself a Christmas present...
Thanks guys...
RICH 91 ES

·
Curmudgeon
5,458 Posts
If you're talking about the drop-in Fliter Charger that replaces the air filter element, I have one of those. It works, but I'm sure not as well as a FIPK. How much better a FIPK is, I couldn't tell you. I never spent the bux to get one and do a side by side.
I run a stock filter in the winter (gotta keep those chunks of rock salt out of the engine!) and can feel the differance when I switch them.
BTW,- they do list the drop-in for the Stealth. If you need the number let me know I'll go dig out the box.
---------------------------------------------
Sorry, I just noticed you DID ask for the number. It's 33-2045

[This message has been edited by Steve '93ES (edited December 21, 1999).]

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
I don't think he is talking about the drop in airfilter from K&N. He is talking about a filter that completely replaces the Stock Air BOX. It works just as well as the K&N, but is not carb certified.

I am sure [email protected] has the Box you are looking for.

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Steve, why do you swap out the K&N in the winter for a regular $15 paper one?

I can't picture driving conditions bad enough to hurl crap into my filter box, that would not also remove my windshield for me.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Rich, I have the filter that you are talking about. The model number is 63-1000. It is the K&N Aircharger for the Mitsu Eclipse Turbo '95-up. This filter works great and sounds awesome at WOT. It only cost a little more than half the FIPK. I got mine from Auto Zone they had the cheapest price. I think after taxes I paid $90 somthing.
Happy Motoring,
Brandon

·
Curmudgeon
5,458 Posts
I'm a little leary of the thin gause element with all the sand they throw on the roads in the winter. When I first got the thing it came pre-oiled from the factory. After running it for a couple of weeks I took it out to check it, and found sand on the clean side. Thinking that can't be good I took it out and went back to a stock filter.
A few years later I found it sitting in the cellar. Out of curiosity I bought a cleaning kit, and re-oiled it. I haven't had the problem since, but I still don't really trust it when the heavy crap is flying.
I should point out that when I first had it I was living near the ocean, and it was the fine beach sand that got through the filter.

Oh,ya, and my windshield IS a mess.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts