Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled a all nighter last night while pulling my tranny. Get it all pulled out and what do you know I didn't blow any seal at all. Something had came apart in this brand new tranny and had try to fly through in the same exact spot as my very first tranny.

There are 2 entry points on the tranny for the cv shafts to enter well right behind the differential, where the bellhousing is. The last time on my 1rst tranny it had blown all the way through and flew out the top of the tranny. When it happened all that I had felt was a slight jerk and a pause and it drove just fine. But was leaking tranny fluid everywhere.

This time I had no warnings no jerking or anything I had just stopped at a convenience store and walked back out and noticed a puddle so I immediately drove it home. Something had came loose in the brand new tranny and had tried to come through in the same exact spot as the old tranny but it didn't come through just made a small busted hole enough to where the tranny fluid could leak out behing the differentials.

WHAT THE HELL IS CAUSING THIS TWICE IN A ROW.
1rst one had 108,000 this one had maybe 2,500

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
darn gremlins... :(

I'll see if I can't stop in to Tulsa sometime this week... I should be in town fri-sat night... but I was hoping to race :)

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any ideas?

Would warped cv shafts have some kind of cause in this?

If my cv shafts were even the slightest bit warped though I should and or would defintely feel it and I don't.

It's not like I'm throwing down 500 hp either.

Its just the hassle and the $50 dollars worth of redline everytime that gets me down I guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts