Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what should the voltage read on my 3000gt with the engine operating and driving, it was at 12 today, or 12.5......

yesterday I came to an abrupt stop after acceleration and my car shut off on me!

It was dangerous because i was in heavy traffic.

I just had a new engine installed and my fans on my radiator stopped working last week. The mechanic said im good to drive like that but dont let the car idle too long it will get hot?

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,007 Posts
Help me here..

Are you the same guy who said his engine blew to to LOW OIL?

And also said your A/T transmission grenaded becasue the mechanic put rags in there?

How is your car MOVING?

I usually put my name at then end of post...but....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah same guy. He's on his second engine and second or third trans over a short period. He makes a new thread for everything and doesn't carry over relevant information so a lot of it gets lost. I see questions from people trying to help that are answered in a previous thread.

OP, I think you'll get better help if you can consolidate all your issues and history into a single thread with a fitting title and keep it updated as your situation changes.
Having a history of what's been done, when and why is incredibly valuable. I do repair work on industrial equipment periodically and it saves tons time having some kind of log.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help me here..

Are you the same guy who said his engine blew to to LOW OIL?

And also said your A/T transmission grenaded becasue the mechanic put rags in there?

How is your car MOVING?

I usually put my name at then end of post...but....
Its me, Im the SAME GUY. What is your question? How is my car MOVING? Its MOVING BECAUSE IT HAS A NEW ENGINE WITH GAS IN IT.

The mechanic installed junk transmission in it so we are bringing it to Aamco tomorrow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah same guy. He's on his second engine and second or third trans over a short period. He makes a new thread for everything and doesn't carry over relevant information so a lot of it gets lost. I see questions from people trying to help that are answered in a previous thread.

OP, I think you'll get better help if you can consolidate all your issues and history into a single thread with a fitting title and keep it updated as your situation changes.
Having a history of what's been done, when and why is incredibly valuable. I do repair work on industrial equipment periodically and it saves tons time having some kind of log.
I think instead of wasting both of our times writing how I go about posting you could of simply answered the question so that people in the future could easily locate this helpful post without searching for hours for this one thread that someone posted 7 years ago which you are talking about! How about them apples!

and yes if you MUST know I read other posts with many different answers talking about idle should be on 14 to 15 down to 12.6........ This post can maybe give SOME clarity to those who want a clear and concise answer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think instead of wasting both of our times writing how I go about posting you could of simply answered the question so that people in the future could easily locate this helpful post without searching for hours for this one thread that someone posted 7 years ago which you are talking about! How about them apples!
I understand and sympathize with your frustrations so I'm going to ignore the abrasive tone of your post. My concern is not for some hypothetical future person with similar issues, my suggestion is to help YOU get the the best help this forum can offer NOW. Take it or leave it, no skin off my back. If I had anything more that could possibly help you it would have been at the top of my previous post.

BTW, I think the confusion in first reply to this thread perfectly illustrates my point.
Best of luck to ya.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,007 Posts
I understand and sympathize with your frustrations so I'm going to ignore the abrasive tone of your post.
Well, you're a bigger man than me. I AM NOT going to ignore his ABRASIVE TONE.

*START RANT at OP*

And, you can turn off that "you TURBO guys think you know everything" attitude.

I only brought up the TT cars, because they ARE harder on oil. You probably wouldn't know this, but the turbos are cooled by water and OIL. That's why oil breaks down more rapidly in TT cars.

There are some people who own cars because they need to get from point A to point B. I get it.
Some of us drive THESE cars because we are car enthusiasts and enjoy the ammenities provided in these 1980's vehicles.

Great, you got it running again, now do yourself a favor and DO NOT take it to Aamco. Try to find a shop nearby that specializes in foreign vehicles (maybe someone on the board lives nearby, has working knowledge of the ATX and can help).

YOU caused your problems, yet we are trying to help. So chillax and try to calmly and logically talk about what's going on (in ONE thread) so we can try to help.

Bob.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was wondering what should the voltage read on my 3000gt with the engine operating and driving, it was at 12 today, or 12.5......

yesterday I came to an abrupt stop after acceleration and my car shut off on me!

It was dangerous because i was in heavy traffic.

I just had a new engine installed and my fans on my radiator stopped working last week. The mechanic said im good to drive like that but dont let the car idle too long it will get hot?
Alternator output is typically 13 to 14 volts. But why do you think that might be an issue? Did the car restart immediately?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
The Alternator output varies by engine temp, it will typically be around 14.5V during warm, up and once the car reaches full temp is usually around 12.5-13.3V

Shutting off when coming to a stop after high rpms is common.

Typically it is a symptom of a: (Ranked from most common to least common in my experiences)

TPS in need of adjustment OR Throttle Cable too tight, not engaging Idle Switch.
Light Vacuum Leak
BISS Screw in need of adjustment
Malfunctioning IAC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts