Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't help but laugh at the new Daewoo Lanos commercials, where they show the car driving up a dam, **boasting** of its 106 ft/lbs of torque. I guess 106 in the torque department is something I think they should **admit to** rather than brag about......

Keep an eye peeled for that commercial.... its really funny.

On a more serious note: are there <b>any</b> major current production cars with less torque than that?

LOL

Kia Rio's clocking in at 96 hp/98 torque... Lowest I've found so far..... I can't seem to find these stats in C&D or R&T for some reason :p .... Prizm's are now clocking in at 125/125..........

Anything lower?

·
Registered
159 Posts
i think the 3-liter metro's are lower, dunno how much
pimp ride right there ;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they still make those?

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
With its 1.6 litre engine it dominates the road. And with its 106 ft/lb of torque it conquers heights...

I was going to post re: this commercial earlier but you beat me to it. Those crazy Koreans sure are some dissollusioned people.....those are some great numbers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, but Chevy kept on making the Prizm, so I wanted to be sure

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PRODIGY3000 said:
With its 1.6 litre engine it dominates the road. And with its 106 ft/lb of torque it conquers heights...
It still busts me up laughing :D :p :D :p

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Hehe, yes i saw this commercial a few weeks ago. I too wanted to post that, it is pathetic but funny. Especially when they say its 1.6 liter engine dominates the road and they show a picture of it pulling away from a group of motorcycles. LOL. And i think the kia rio has the lowest horsepower of any car being made, atleast that i know of.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Korean's may be shitty auto manufacturers but the women are great in bed. Talk about going the extra mile.

WD

·
Anti-Member
306 Posts
PRODIGY3000 said:

No chevy bought Geo.
Actually, Geo was the name that Chevy used for their re-badged imports. Chevy did not buy Geo, they just dropped the name.

Geo Metro = Suzuki Swift
Geo Prism = Toyota Corolla
Geo Tracker = Suzuki Sidekick

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
WDRacing said:
Korean's may be shitty auto manufacturers but the women are great in bed. Talk about going the extra mile.

WD
Where did that just come from. LOL..but nonetheless I must try it with a Korean one day and post it on the board. HEHE.

But back to the topic at hand..as I was reading a couple of months ago or so the Geo Prizm or either the Geo Metro was officially the slowest car to do a 0-60 run fully stock. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts