Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase the scan tool (MFI trobbleshoot scan tool) part # mb991502. I wonder if it comes with the ROM pack...I tried calling my dealer and they said that they don't sell this is this true? or can I get it somewhere...please post msg or e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think his car is too new (1996?) to use the TMO datalogger. He will have to find an OBD II datalogger. There are a few available if you search the net.

Dan

PS - I've looking for a good deal on an OBD II datalogger for my 94 VR-4. If I find anything I'll post the info to the board.

[This message has been edited by DanM_94_VR4 (edited December 10, 1999).]

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes I understand but I have a 96 Vr4 and I am running the OBD2....sucks! I wished I had a 94-95 that has the hybrid obd...then I could just use the engine check light to troubleshoot...sucks...but do you know where to get the original mitsu scan tool?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks dan!!! if you find one please let me know also...hey want to chat? post up your work # and I'll call you ok?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Dave,

Email me if you want to chat and I'll send you my number. I don't really want to post it here

Dan

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hendrick,
yea? you'll split cost with me? u...you so nice...I love you...and when the fuck are you coming back...I need to ride your beast!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
danm94 VR4,
I just spoke to a representative at TMO...and they said that they will not be working on a datalogger for obd2 vehicles...he said that they are going to work on dsm's ECU to make it display engine management info on an lcd screen...but no datalogger...and the dsm datalogger that works for 1st Gen's happened to be an application for dsm's (I didn't know that)....which means that we can't get a tmo datalogger for obd2 vehicles...unless you have found other company that does? other than that I think I am going to try to purchase the scan tool from mitsu...take care dan!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Dave,

There are a few companies out there besides TMO that make dataloggers for OBD II vehicles. I am researching them now to see which ones work the best, have the best features and will work on our cars. There seem to be 3 different OBD II hookups. They differ in the protocols they use to talk to the scanner/datalogger. One is for GM, one for Ford, and one for Chrysler and imports.

I'll keep you posted on my findings. Maybe we could spit the cost and share it back and forth?

Dan

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dan,
splitting cost sounds good to me...BTW, you have the hybrid obd...so all you gotta do is ground pin 1...and wella! you are all set. you don't need the datalogger...only 96 and up have the fucken' obd2 which requires the datalogger...save yourself the money and just ground pin 1...and the use the check engine light to see what codes it gives you...you do have the repair manual don't you? if not I'll make some copies of it and fax 'em to you...sound good?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Dave,

You're right and that's fine for pulling codes but I want to be able to use the datalogger to tune the car. I want to monitor the knock sensor, injector duty cycle, timing, etc. while doing test runs. You need a datalogger to do that.

Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts