Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and bought a vr4 motor and currently get everything ready for a conversion of my base model. Please be nice in welcoming me I know everyone says just buy a vr4. But I'd prefer the knowledge of doing it myself rather than waiting till something breaking, and having to fix it. So I need some help with picking a ecu. I've heard Autronic is a good ecu but these were from years ago. Are they still good ecus for our cars? Any info that is updated would be appreciated thanks.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,241 Posts
I actually know little about the current ECU offers, but I have seen a lot of talk about CHROME and JESTER ecu's.

You can search or wait for those who use them chime in...

Bob.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking to go full stand alone so I can tune the car to my specifications. I'm looking to build a fun daily that can double up as a reliable track ever so few months out of the year that I can have some fun

·
Registered
131 Posts
Standalone offerings are kinda slim. You can go with AEM v2 which is dated and will no longer receive updates but is plug and play-ish and will offer basically everything you'd ever need. The newer AEM infinity won't work with the 93+ CAS trigger AFAIK. I've heard some people using Haltech but the price is quite steep so the number of people suing them are limited. Chrome ECU is basically just a flashable stock ECU and lacks the protective features most standalones have, but makes up for it in being the easiest to use and true plug and play.

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,067 Posts
Keep us updated on that, I think I’ve only seen one other person do haltec.

Coop
There is at least 3 others that have already done it and Im starting to do so this week. There is even a basic quick setup guide on here by one of them.

Pimprn and Erron Spalsbury are the other two that I know of.

Its a great ECU (more comparable to the Infinity instead of the V2) but I dont think its as popular as the AEM V2 since there isnt a plug and play version or adapter harness readily available along with the extra cost over the older V2 units.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've always enjoyed wiring so the challenge of no plug and play, kinda helped with the picking process. I know I'll have to be careful and all that. But in my opinion it's so hard to find a good wiring harness at a junkyard. I've been all up and down Florida. Not many are even out there, let alone with good parts lol. So I figured why not make my own. This way at least I'll know it's new wires with no problems halfway down them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts