Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while since I've put pencil to paper to draw anything except for commercial purposes, but the heroism following the Sept 11th attacks has inspired me to create a portrait to sell for the benefit of the victims.

Here's the problem I need a photograph to use for reference. This means finding an image that the photographer will agree to let me use (royalty free). And this might be a problem, as most photographers charge big money to use their images.

I'm hoping that one of you guys knows a photographer that has documented the scenes at ground zero, that would be willing to donate an image to use for this purpose.

I only have a few requests:

1- I don't want to use an image that has been thrown all over the media. It should be something that very few people have seen. To maximize emotional impact.

2- Nothing graphic, this is supposed to be an inspirational work. I want to lift the spirits of people in this dark time.

3- I would like to focus on the recovery effort, or heroism of an individual.

I intend to donate 100% of all profits to an appropriate charity (IE Sept 11th Relief Fund) I would also like to offer the portrait free of charge to all the victim's families.

But none of this can happen unless I can find a photographer that will be willing to help me. Thats where you guys come in. If any of you guys know of someone who might be in a position to help me, I would be greatly appreciate it if you would pass this on to them, attached with my e-mail.

[email protected]

Thanks all,

Steve

·
2,248 Posts
I have a very clear and nice-looking photo that was taken a few years ago off the top of the WTC. Don't know if you could use that in any way, but I thought I would offer it and bump the thread up a little. :)

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
I wish I had some good art that I could submit. I'd gladly help this cause; I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't lose a loved one (my father)

If I come across anyone that has something along those art criteria lines, I'll ask, and forward them to you.

TTT for you and a very worhy cause.

Elton

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I have some good pics but not sure who the photographer is

Attachments

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
this photo sorta bugs me, instead of helping these 3 people he is taking a photo

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts