Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking to a guy about a blue SL that's located "in manhattan on upper west side by Broadway".

From the picture I got, the car is freakin beautiful. I think it's a good deal too, the only problem is that it has a rebuild title...the guy said that it was hit in right front....door, head lamp, bumper, all of which were replaced. Since then, it has a '99 bumper, eibach springs, strut bars (rear and front), front facia grills, and new Perelli 17" tires, as well as some other stuff like new CD player, etc.

Even with the rebuild title, I'm damn near 100% sure that i'm going to get it. It has low miles, and looks just great. Does anyone suggest against it? If so, why please

Also, Is there anyone in that area that could give the car a check for me? Lemme know, it'd be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would check out that Rebuild Title. Body work that you mentioned doesn't change the title. I not positive, but I think Rebuild means this car was "totaled" by the insurance company and might have been pieced together from another half a car. That means it must have been hit pretty hard . Look out for a bent frame suspension etc. I might also mean that title might have been "washed" by reg in other states and could have been stolen or flood damaged

Good Luck

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
The car is georgous but you'll want a mechanic to take a look at the frame. Being off rebuilt title is like you've read, it was totalled by getting hit, but it also could have been by water damage. If it was salt water, the car will rot from the inside out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
specifically, it's a "907" title...not sure exactly what that is, so if anyone could give me some help, i'd appreciate it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts