Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Hero
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I got my timing belt changed at a Mitsu Dealer and I think they jacked it somehow.. I asked the guy what he did and he told me the timing was one notch off when I brought it there and he set it back to normal. I took it back like 4 times and the guy insists the car is fine. I am experiencing what sounds like an air leak coming from the turbo and exsiting the exhaust. you hear a massive blowing sound coming from the back of the car.. I replaced the O2 sensor, the plugs the wires and the cat(put in test pipe)... The problem persists... Does anyone have any suggestions?? I know the rear turbo is leaking oil.. that's about all.. Before I brought the car to have the belt changed it was in PERFECT running condition.. Oh, Did I mention I'm getting like, 15 MPG on the Highway now too? PLEASE if you know anything about this, please help..
[email protected]
thanks

·
curt93T/T
5,079 Posts
sounds like they might have dicked it up. You can check the timing yourself. Take the top covers off and you will see that each cam has two lines on them. If you look at your valve cover you will see a littl notch sticking out. When you rotate your crank the notch will be in between those two lines. There is also a dot on each cam and if you are at top dead center the dots will line up with a triangle stamped on the head.

·
curt93T/T
5,079 Posts
Not sure what you mean by air leak out the exhaust, but wouldn't think that is causing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts