·
aka maharba
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for constructive feedback.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Good work with OC flash. I would suggest lowering the strobes output, using umbrellas, and switching up height and location of your strobes.

·
Verified Eagle Scout
1,653 Posts
i'm looking for constructive feedback.
yeah lower your intensity otherwise you have these washed out parts of the car as in the above pix

or if you can, try multiple lights with lowered intensity from different angles instead of one major light.

*edit* and bring the level of your lights up higher aiming down on the car that way you dont illuminate the ceiling as much

·
In a metal band with JCVD
1,760 Posts
The shot of that Evo came out really nice; by far the best, in my opinion. +1

·
99 SLut
4,318 Posts
If you have only one modifier/flash consider also using a higher F stop and longer exposure and painting with the flash (flashing the car more than once in respective areas)... you will need to figure it out after a few runs but these aren't bad and you seem to get it so you should understand what I mean fairly quickly.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Or, with photoshop, you could composite multiple shots together where you used the flash at different angles. For example, this shot was with multiple flashes, but you could achieve the same thing with a series of photos.

[/IMG]

·
Reluctant Member
55 Posts
I happen to like the washed out look to the black and white car picture. The lit ceiling makes the picture much more interesting.

I think the black and white car picture and the one of the convertible by the fence would look much better if taken in or cropped to landscape proportions instead of portrait.

The motorcycle picture with the shadow is real art.

I can take pictures, but my way of looking at photos may be slanted because I used to work with a real photographer. His material is download protected so I couldn't post anything, but here are some examples: http://www.pixoto.com/vidwin#images-photography/animals/insects-and-spiders/blue-eyed-robber-fly--57925391?&_suid=134818533454208828763587114101

1 - 7 of 7 Posts