Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so about a month ago my engine died out i/e my crankshaft and rods gave in after about 160K miles. I havent owned the car for even a year so I still have a lot of debt. I was wondering if there were any trustworthy sites/sources that sells parts because I really don`t wanna part w my car just yet. Or if a swap option is cheeper, if so what`s the procedure and what engines will fit? It`s a 3000GT 1994 SL automatic, american import. I would really appriciate all the tips and advice, thanks in advance!

Best regards.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry to here that your engine gave-way. Really not a TON of miles as I've seen them with many more.

Pretty much this configuration of the 6G72 is what you'll need, although other 6G's can be made to fit, it's a lot of work. 6G72's were used in some Chrysler products, albeit single cammer's, and the bottom end can be used with DOHC NA heads.
I do have a few good NA engines, but guessing by your flag badge, your located in Norway. (Being of Norwegian decent myself.)

Good luck on getting your car up and running.

Lincoln

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,318 Posts
Hi so about a month ago my engine died out i/e my crankshaft and rods gave in after about 160K miles. I havent owned the car for even a year so I still have a lot of debt. I was wondering if there were any trustworthy sites/sources that sells parts because I really don`t wanna part w my car just yet. Or if a swap option is cheeper, if so what`s the procedure and what engines will fit? It`s a 3000GT 1994 SL automatic, american import. I would really appriciate all the tips and advice, thanks in advance!

Best regards.
FYI you posted in parts for sale section. Post in parts wanted if you are looking to buy, or the technical forums for questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts