Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 Mustang GT with over 450+ Horsepower. Engine professionally built by NASCAR Bush Series Engine builder. All other modifications and work performed by the engine builders shop. The 450+ HP is straight engine modifications, Balanced and Blueprinted V8 (Engine was built to blueprint and balanced to 8500 rpm redline.) bored from 302 to 306 Cubic inch, Edlebrock Aluminum heads, Edlebrock RPM Upper and Lower Intake, Basani Stainless Steel Exhaust (made out of airplane grade aluminum), Tremec TKO Plus 5 Speed (top of line Tremec), SVO Aluminum driveshaft, Lowered with (4)Eibach Progressive rate springs(to lower center of gravity and improve hadling with offset bushings) Flaming River Racing Rack and Pinion (decreases turning radius.. or smaller movements of the steering wheel= greater handling response), SVO 3.55 gears w/synthetic lube. Centerline Kevlar clutch. SpeedBrain Race Computer for timing/fuel curve adjustments (hook up to a computer for on-the-fly adjustments as you go), Aluminum custom-built radiator. So what do you think this car would run?

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Lizzrd99 said:
1995 Mustang GT with over 450+ Horsepower. Engine professionally built by NASCAR Bush Series Engine builder. All other modifications and work performed by the engine builders shop. The 450+ HP is straight engine modifications, Balanced and Blueprinted V8 (Engine was built to blueprint and balanced to 8500 rpm redline.) bored from 302 to 306 Cubic inch, Edlebrock Aluminum heads, Edlebrock RPM Upper and Lower Intake, Basani Stainless Steel Exhaust (made out of airplane grade aluminum), Tremec TKO Plus 5 Speed (top of line Tremec), SVO Aluminum driveshaft, Lowered with (4)Eibach Progressive rate springs(to lower center of gravity and improve hadling with offset bushings) Flaming River Racing Rack and Pinion (decreases turning radius.. or smaller movements of the steering wheel= greater handling response), SVO 3.55 gears w/synthetic lube. Centerline Kevlar clutch. SpeedBrain Race Computer for timing/fuel curve adjustments (hook up to a computer for on-the-fly adjustments as you go), Aluminum custom-built radiator. So what do you think this car would run?
I don't see where you're getting 450hp out of the stock ~225.
Intake, exhaust, heads, a chip, and 4 cubic inches doesn't seem to me like it would do it. Are you sure it doesn't have a blower or something? It does have a lot of other mods, drivetrain and suspension, so if it had 450hp and all the other mods, I guess it might run anywhere from a low 12 to high 11...

If it only has the mods listed, it might be in the 13 second range.

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
you wont see 450+ with the 302 bored out to 306 with those mods...I work for Cerra racing and see plenty of mustangs coming in and out of the place...a mustang gt (2002) wont see more than 380 at the wheel with a vortech/aftercooler, bassani x-pipe, magnaflow, diablo chip, etc.
and we know our mustangs...we have two cars sponsored in the nmhra, owner wife drives a 12 second cobra...we have three in the shop right now and a saleen 281 waiting for a fuel system upgrade(fuel cell and shit, before the fuel cell he was laying down 525rwhp , built motor along with blower)

a 95 with the 5.0 (302) will not see even close to 300 at stock compression, stock cam, and the stuff you listed are basic bolt ons

Someone is way overestimating the power...when i get back to work I'll pull up dyno's of mustangs that we've done

·
Registered
68 Posts
Assuming that the engine is producing 450+ hp it shouldn't have any problem hitting 11's with proper suspension set-up. What's a little odd is gearing set a 3.55 with an engine capable of 8,500 rpm shifting. That gear is not utilizing the full capability of the engine, unless it's only able to make power up to 6,000 rpm.

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
millhouse, whats your name over at stangnet?......ive seen that signature before :p ;) :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
2FAST4U said:
millhouse, whats your name over at stangnet?......ive seen that signature before :p ;) :D
I've got the market cornered on my user id on 9 different auto message forums:D. Chances are, if the user name is millhouse, it's me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, thanks for the info i was looking into buying this car but if it is simply impossible for a mustang gt to perform like this then i guess it is a scam... he showed me a dyno of it and it all checked out but it must have been a defferent car. oh well thnx alot.. i guess i can get the low down on all the other mods this is just what he gave me... thnx again... laterz

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lizzrd99 said:
Well, thanks for the info i was looking into buying this car but if it is simply impossible for a mustang gt to perform like this then i guess it is a scam... he showed me a dyno of it and it all checked out but it must have been a defferent car. oh well thnx alot.. i guess i can get the low down on all the other mods this is just what he gave me... thnx again... laterz
It's not impossible to get those numbers with a custom built engine. It's actually not all that diffacult of you have the money to do so.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
IMO, with that mods it's not 450hp car. Just guess:bandit:

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Frankly, the numbers are very optomistic at best. Think about it, the car comes with 225 horsepower stock. 4 more cubic inches, intake, exhaust, a chip, and heads aren't going to raise that number to 450hp. Something isn't right there. I'd say drive it first;) But remember, you feel the torque moreso than you feel the hp.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There are quite a few things that are unknown too about the enigine. If it can rev to 8500, then it's gotta have forged internals. Compression would most certainly be through the roof as well. Who knows what the cam is either. On a stock 302, it's you can buy a heads/cam/intake package that has been dyno proven to produce 350+ h/p (with a new maf, and fuel system upgrade).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.