Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Victor (a guy here locally) got one of the first 5 EVO VIIs to be imported to the states. And he works at the dealer which is about 300 yards from my office. So I went over 10 min ago and asked him if I could drive it .. and he said

"HELL NO!!"

but, I did get to touch it :D God, it looks so awesome!! He said that he has to import all his mods though from Japan :( Guess he's making the huge bux! :D :D

Pix of it are here in another thread:

http://216.97.102.197/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6049

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Nothing against you Kalla but it's a freaking Lancer for Christ's sakes.

I don't think they look stylish in the least. Yeah, the FMIC is cute and everything but all in all, it just doesn't do it for me.

Obviously, people are looking at it from a power perspective but seriously, can you honestly tell me that it is a good looking car?

I am glad you touched it though.:p

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Richy T. said:
Obviously, people are looking at it from a power perspective but seriously, can you honestly tell me that it is a good looking car?
Personally I think it looks badass :D The AWD system on it is what gives me the most wood though :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
that car would look best going over the side of a cliff...

Its really sad to see what Japanese tuners consider "stylish" these days. There hasnt been a good looking, high performance, Japanese sports car produced in almost 3 years.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
That isn't the final model that will be released in the states I don't believe, though. That one isn't the 'US Spec' version from what I read in that link. I know of a company that imports them (much like MotoRex does with the Skylines). Did he get it from the same type of place? I can't recall the name of the company right now... But I figure that is what he did being that he has had the car (or it has been in the US for 8-9 months now).

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He said it was Motorex.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
kalla said:
He said it was Motorex.
Gotcha. I didn't know if Motorex was doing the EVOs or not. Cool. Although, the US Spec EVOs should make their way into the US in 1 month give or take.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ruiner said:
Gotcha. I didn't know if Motorex was doing the EVOs or not. Cool. Although, the US Spec EVOs should make their way into the US in 1 month give or take.
I asked him about a word on the US Spec EVO (EVO VIII) and he said they still had no "official" word on it, what the specs would be, when it would appear, and so on.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
kalla said:

I asked him about a word on the US Spec EVO (EVO VIII) and he said they still had no "official" word on it, what the specs would be, when it would appear, and so on.
From what I 'last' understood from some of my Mitsu friends, it *should* make its debut during the Superbowl. Not sure if that is still the plan or not, though, as I haven't talked to them in a while...

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,119 Posts
Good to see Victor got his new baby. Does he still have all of the Galant VR-4s, too?

Hey, Scott Stapp. Hey, Brandon.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Hi Rob. How is the car running these days? Yikes, I just hijacked the thread...

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
It's a high speed family sedan. I'll pick the EVO over the WRX.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hmmm....

"I just touched an EVO VII"

Well I wrecked an Evo V....so ha ha ha ha ha! lol.

I personally don't like the way the EVO VII looks and what I've seen of the VIII, BUT they may be ugly but they can fucking move.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
I tell you what, If anyone else wants to touch one then I will blind fold you and let you dry hump a Galant VR4 because its the same damn thing;) :p

·
F15 - The Fastest 1/4mile
913 Posts
ick
big deal, econobox that goes fast....
ick

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.