Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering, I replaced my factory stereo (cassette and factory 4 preset eq unit) with an Eclipse 5441. I'm having a hard time seeing the display in the daytime because of the angle. It sounds great and has the 3 preouts for a sub later. I was thinking about putting in a 7839 ALPINE so I could see the display better...What have you all replaced your factory Head units with?
Please reply..I'm curious!
Thanks Randy

·
510 Posts
I replaced the factory unit with a Pioneer Premier DEH P900R (the one with the electro-luminescent organic display), with the Premier six disc in-dash changer right underneath...Very bright display, and the display washes out the least out of any stereo I've had...and it's also the most functional head unit I've ever had!

Dan
94 Stealth TT

·
Registered
500 Posts
The last owner put in a Pioneer DEH-36(i think). I hate it! The main reason is lack of a clock. It has one, but it only shows if you hit the button, then if you change tracks, its gone again. Highly annoying... Also, you can't hold down the skip track button to skip time. You have to hit a button, then fast forward, then change it back to track/clock to display. 99% of the time, ppl will just leave it on the skip track setting and all you see is "Track XX" on the display. Most ppl are going to know what track its on, so why not display the friggin clock!?!? I hate not knowing what time it is... I could look at my watch, but im too lazy

Later

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Clarion DRX 9375R. If you know which that one is, then you know I don't have a problem seeing it in the sun. It's the one with the bright blue display with screensavers. Actually, it's too bright at night, kinda blinding. Sometimes I cover it with a post-it-note, so it'll be darker in the cabin.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have the same Clarion radio! And YES it is super bright!!! I am not certain, but I believe that the Eclipse radios are known for there bright flourescent displays. check your manual. There might be a menu selection for dim or bright also, a ffiend of mine had an Eclipse radio... his had an input wire that toggled between day an nightime use (triggered by status of headlights.... dim when headlights are on and bright when they are off) check your manual....

Jose Soriano
[email protected] www.linkline.com/personal/amahoser

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
The Newer Kenwoods with MASK Technology have faces that you can control the angle. I havent actually used one, but it sounds like it would work.

I have an older kenwood imported from Japan (RR-500E) Can not see it at all during the day, but that head unit is still worth it.

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts