Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
noob-saibot
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For cinnamon buns

Well i figured since im in a share my corn flakes kind of a mood, i would share this recipe with yall.

DOUGH

1/2oz yeast
1/2c warm water

*combine, and whisk, put in bowl*

16oz milk
4eggs
1c sugar
3tbl vanilla

* combine, whisk together, put in bowl*

1/2lb room temp butter

*put in bowl*

10c flour
2tsp salt

*put in bowl*

Make sure to put the salt in last. Salt kills yeast and that bad.

Make sure u have the dough hook attached to the mixer.

Mix for 1 minute on low, 8 minutes on medium. To develop gluten.

Youll know its done when you can rip off a piece and stretch it to make a almost see through "window"

FILLING

1/2lb butter
1/2 can of condensed milk (optional but i like it)

*combine*

Brown sugar, and cinnamon, and raisins.

I didnt put amounts because they will vary depending on how you like them.

Roll dough out until, about a 1/4 thick.

Spread butter mixture over the top evenly.

Cover in a thin layer of brown sugar, then sprinkle cinnamon over the whole thing. (i use alot....ALOT)

Sprinkle on raisins.

Roll it up. Cut into desired size pieces. Put in freezer or into a proofer, or leave them in the microwave, with it off. Because its a yeast risen pastry, it has to be proofed. Wait until theyre about double in suze.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes depending on size, you might not want as much time.

TOPPING

1lb cream cheese
1/2 lb butter
2lb powdered sugar
2tbl vanilla

Make sure cream cheese and butter are room temp.

Mix in mixing bowl with paddle. Add powdered sugar slowly. When its all combined, whip the shit out of it for about a minute.

When the buns come out of the oven spread the froating on top.

Then you wait till theyre juuuust cooled enough to grab....

And enjoy!

·
Slowly rebuilding...
702 Posts
I bookmarked this page because 1. Cinnamon buns are amazing and 2. your recipe sounds like my mouth would have multiple orgasms.

·
noob-saibot
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bookmarked this page because 1. Cinnamon buns are amazing and 2. your recipe sounds like my mouth would have multiple orgasms.

Lol funny enough thats not the first time ive heard that...

well i assure you that these are the best cinnamon buns youve ever had. If not, shoot me your paypal and ill refund you the cost of ingredients. And im being serious.... :)

This is the recipe i use at my bakery, and ive gotten numerous compliments.

If you want, if you enjoy citrus flavors, you could always throw in the zest from an orange into the froasting. Its good lol

·
Slowly rebuilding...
702 Posts
Oh I WILL add some orange zest or something of the like. Jesus Christ if I could rep you I would.

·
Slowly rebuilding...
702 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hmmmmm..... Lets talk salary numbers... Haha

And a bump for anyone who loves cinnamon buns
haha aww :( lol. Either way you sem like a amazing cook from some of the stuff I have seen!

Where exactly do you work? A bakery or is a restuarant? Sorry if I missed that anywhere

·
noob-saibot
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha aww :( lol. Either way you sem like a amazing cook from some of the stuff I have seen!

Where exactly do you work? A bakery or is a restuarant? Sorry if I missed that anywhere
Hahaha thanks but im not amaizing, im alright. I work at a patisserie, its like a bakery but we do a little bit of everything. Breakfast pastry, breakfast and lunch sandwhiches, cookies, deserts, whole cakes, birthday cakes, wedding cakes, gelato, coffees... Etc

1 - 20 of 41 Posts