Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 500 bucks to spend on my car. What would you guys suggest?

Boost controller, a pillar pods w/ gauges, drilled slotted rotors, polished plenum, engine dress kit. I already have a gt-pro fmic, down pipe and 3" borla, rebuilt engine, tranny (and turbos) clutch, new water, oil pump, everything and new bearings and bushings.

I'm not sure what to do. My interior will start hopefully Monday or maybe Saturday. How much is the 1gen pop up light conversions?

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I would recommend saving a little bit more and getting some turbos to utilize that FMIC.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Save it! lol. If you do have to spend it on the car (i dont blame you) then i would go with the boost controller. You could crank the boost up to 12-14 psi and you would be set! Just my opinion.

Erik

·
Registered
217 Posts
Does your car need any preventative maintenance? Busings, bearings, pumps, belts, rubber, brakes?

If not -- why not bank it, and forget about it?

The next time you get some $$$$, spend it on mods. Then, after you blow your mod-wad, if something breaks (and you know it will) you won't have to sweat it...

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
boost controller and slotted rotors sound like the way im leaning.

Yes, i have replaced all the 60k maintenance and 120k stuff. I have money coming in all over so Im not worried. My next project will be a turbo upgrade. So, in a couple months will start that. This thing will be ready for the abby car show next year.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Maybe look into nice pads and lines instead of slotted rotors. It will help stop you a lot better if your into track days and heavy street runs (I bet there are some really nice mountain roads out there in colorado). Slotted rotors definitely look cool tho.

·
Flasher
9,650 Posts
+1 for save it...then you can come back and say "alright guys I have $1000 to spend on my car". Think how happy you'll be then.

·
The cake is a lie!
647 Posts
Spend it on your girlfriend. Or if you don't have one, spend it on hookers.

:muahaha:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spend it on a tune up. New Spark plugs, wires, filters, etc. Unless you have replace that stuff recently... Cross drilled rotors fit in your price range too. I got the Stillen ones for like 600 I believe.

·
Evolved Member
919 Posts
Save it if you ONLY have $500. If you have $500 EXTRA like you originally stated but still have plenty of backup money for emergencies, then definitely go with the EBC. I have the Greddy ProfecB SpecII. Very easy to use and tune. I've never used another one, but this one is so easy I can't imagine one being much easier. Price is right too. Never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Save it if you ONLY have $500. If you have $500 EXTRA like you originally stated but still have plenty of backup money for emergencies, then definitely go with the EBC. I have the Greddy ProfecB SpecII. Very easy to use and tune. I've never used another one, but this one is so easy I can't imagine one being much easier. Price is right too. Never had any problems with it.

+1

·
The cake is a lie!
647 Posts

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love my wife, she's sexy and I get it often and love it. I'll post pictures as long as you dont drule.

Actually I have like 3K to spend but Im using it on other stuff too.

You guys weren't kidding about the cost on these cars. If you dont have $ for these then dont buy them. Luckily Im in a lucrative business and have a sugar mama

;)

Sin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts