Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
UK 98 3000GT TT
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Stands in front of group*
My name is M pro…… and I have a problem……
I……I like to overboost my car all the time…
People have been telling me that something bad would happen… but I always thought that it would be ok…. I know I have a problem and I know I shouldn’t do it, but the speed makes me! :eek:

Ok seriously now, I now know how to cook my pistons to little bits of metal.

Here is a pic of the bits of my piston that melted on my car “yes I finally got the piston out ;)

And here is a pic of the piston

Needles to say let this be a warning to all though's that think its ok to Overboost on the stock fuel system….. DON’T!

On a good note the car will be back on the road in a week :)

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
wow, those looks like big kidney stones.

·
UK 98 3000GT TT
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first time I saw them matt I thought…. Cool! Little melted bits of my pistons!

Matt I have to ask ya man, how do I take off the rod off the piston? Looks like its going to be a pain to get off :/

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
this is the only part that you cannot do yourself. You must take it to a machine shop that has a hydrolic press. They will do a great job. And should charge about $15 US.

·
UK 98 3000GT TT
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man, I think I know a place around here that may do that for me :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
How bad did that piston score the cylinder wall? Front or rear bank? Good luck

·
UK 98 3000GT TT
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was the front back and its not that bad at all :)

You wouldn't be able to tell that a melted piston was in there by looking at it.
I’m hoping all I have to do is pop in a new piston and off I go, but we will see.

Would it be wise to give it a rube down with some wet and dry just to make sure?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts