Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 2002 with a spun rod bearing.I am going to restore it from the ground up and was wondering if anyone knows if this inline 4 can be turbo charged.It has a carb,no fuel injection and a ton of room under the hood.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There was a Turbo 320i available in the late 70's..same basic engine, except it was fuel injected. I'd say convert to FI and add the BMW 320i turbo setup. The 320i turbo was a real rarity. Probably surprised a few people in the day. There are alot of parts availabe for those old 2.0's. Try these guys out:

www.korman.com
www.dinanbmw.com

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links.I have been told to do the 320 up-grade along with the 320 5spd to replace the 4 spd.If I keep the 2.0 It looks like about 165-175 h.p. is all I can get and still have the reliable factor.I was also told there was a 2002 ti that was turbo from the factory but I have yet to find any info.

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Cool, another 2002 owner. I own a 3/4 restored 1976 2002. By 3/4 restored I mean that the exterior has been restored and it has body work and was completed with a nice BMW Raceing Yellow Paint Job. I have also done the 320 Tranny Swap..it was very easy, it bolts right up. Parts are Getting VERY hard to find for these Cars. All the sources I had all went out of business. Go to www.bmpd.com They still sell 2002 parts.

The 2002 was a great daily driver. Started Up every time and ran great. Mine burned some oil, but that is expected. Ohh ya, and with some wide Rims...(same bolt pattern as a Honda :) and a set of lowering springs it makes a very nice auto crossing car :)

Also, the Tii was just the Fuel injected version of the 2002. It is a Hella Rare Car. I have had the pleasure to drive one and it rids just like a early 90's bmw IMO. At one point I had heard of a Tubo Kit for it but I dont think anything ever came of it.

Good Luck, they are fun cars to drive.

BTW Mine is for Sale if anyone is interested :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts