Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this pain started a while ago. maybe a month or 2. i was eating something and all the sudden i bite something hard. i spit it out and its one of my damn fillings! what the hell? so since then iv had some decent pain when eating sometimes but nothing terrible. Iv been working alot so no time to go to the dentist. But last week i was out with my friend and i was chewing some gum when my tooth starting hurting me. So i spit the gum out. But then my tooth REALLY starting hurting. like pain that iv never felt before! the tooth is on the top in the back but this pain made my whole mouth hurt and even my head. It was so bad i had to rush home, take some tylenol and go to CVS to grab some orajell. For the life of me tho i dont see a hole in the tooth! so i just kinda globbed the orajell everywhere hahah. So I actually had off the next day and called every dentist in a 20 mile radius. no one could squeeze me in!! that was last week and I have been working since then. I have been coping with the pain by constantly taking pain killers and slabbing orajell on it haha. but tomorrow i finally have off and a appointment at a local dentist. I am not looking forward to it at all as i know that once they start poking around I will feel that severe pain once more... but hopefully it will be the last time. how bout you guys? lets hear your dental horror stories!

·
Escaped
4,778 Posts
<Combat> Wall of Text critical strikes you for 1,252 damage!
You die!
<Loading>

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
If you have any sort of antibiotic around, I would take them.

Dentist pulling out a wisdom tooth (1 out 3) and I heard this crack, I nearly jumped out the the chair and hit the oral surgeon in the face. It didn't hurt, I was too high to feel anything, but that sound just wasn't right.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Dentist pulling out a wisdom tooth (1 out 3) and I heard this crack, I nearly jumped out the the chair and hit the oral surgeon in the face. It didn't hurt, I was too high to feel anything, but that sound just wasn't right.
hahaha damn. my wisdom teeth havnt even come in yet I dont think. But i remember my friend had his out a few months ago and he was doped up for a week!

·
Registered
803 Posts

I cringed when I read that.

OP - If you insist the pain is REALLY bad, they could do something to numb it. And if you need oral surgery, they can put you out.

·
Always Learning
2,478 Posts
I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled when I was 21. Had stitched and everything...yeah I was f**ked up on pain killers and my mouth felt like I sucked on a grenade. My mouth was full of carnage.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Don't laugh but when I go the dentist, he gives me novocaine that calms me down so much, I always fall asleep and he wakes me when he's done! LOL! He said I am the only patient that does that...guess I'm lucky!

·
needs boost
5,930 Posts
I hadn't been to the dentist in about ten years and now that I have decent insurance I finally went. But I ended up having to need one crown(had a previous filling when I was younger in the same spot) and now I need to go back for fillings. The only thing I don't like is that my dentist does each section on different days so I have to go back a couple times.

I'm in a bit of pain today(put temp crown on this morning) so I've just been taking some tylenol. I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled next year since I'll be just about maxing what my insurance will pay it will save me money to wait.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Get to the dentist...problems usually get worse and more expensive if you wait. If your filling came out and the tooth was exposed you might need a root canal now. They aren't fun, but you'll be all numbed up so It's more of a pressure, sound, smell thing to get over. Just get it done soon.

·
mitsu lover
967 Posts
Last thanksgiving was eating a turkey leg hit a bone and broke one of my fillings right off and I chewed on that and I almost cried. Looked in the mirror at my teeth only to find a big gaping hole where my filling used to be, and my regular dentist was on vacation. So I waited almost a week to get a filling, I wanted to just rip my tooth out I was in so much pain.

·
Always Learning
2,478 Posts
The dentist pulled all four of wisdoms teeth since I was getting migranes today. I fucking hungry and I am tried of eating lquid food at that.
Ouch I hear you! I had all four pulled a few years ago and man what a pain. I had a slight bleeding problem which last for 2-3 days. I dread that day...getting them pulled was no biggie because they gassed me and I fell asleep. It was literally a blink of an eye and next thing I was up as high as a kite. I haven't felt like that since I was 13 and...you know. But as soon as the medication wore off...wow my mouth was throbbing and it almost brought me to tears because the pain killers kicked in.

Waking up in the middle of the night to take out my bloody Gauss was horrible. Oh, I also had stitches on all four holes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hahaha damn. my wisdom teeth havnt even come in yet I dont think. But i remember my friend had his out a few months ago and he was doped up for a week!
Very lucky lad there.
To OP, always consult your dentist. Mine from smiletogo.com.au is always a reliable dentist!

·
Verified ***** Member
389 Posts
Nothing like an 8.5 year necro bump for a toothache thread. ?

OP never followed up though. I wonder what the problem ended up being.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts